First Build: IM Nuvo Lagoon 50g AIO

Tyler N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I wanted to post my first build thread in here. I bought an Innovative Marine AIO 50g Lagoon tank with APS Stand to start out. I filled it with live rock and Aragalive Fiji Pink sand from BRS. I am holding off on anemone and coral additions until the tank has been established for 6 or so months. I currently have a pair of Black Clown Fish, a Firefish and a Sunrise Dottyback, as well as a dozen little blue legged hermit crabs and one snail. I have a Yellow Watchman Goby and an Orange Lined Fairy Wrasse in Quarantine as well. I also have an AI Hydra 32 light, a Sicce Xstream wavemaker in there for some flow. I will be upgrading some things in the future and investing in some controller and ATO reservoirs from IM, but wanted to start simple and learn my way through everything!

20221015_140839.jpg

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I wanted to post my first build thread in here. I bought an Innovative Marine AIO 50g Lagoon tank with APS Stand to start out. I filled it with live rock and Aragalive Fiji Pink sand from BRS. I am holding off on anemone and coral additions until the tank has been established for 6 or so months. I currently have a pair of Black Clown Fish, a Firefish and a Sunrise Dottyback, as well as a dozen little blue legged hermit crabs and one snail. I have a Yellow Watchman Goby and an Orange Lined Fairy Wrasse in Quarantine as well. I also have an AI Hydra 32 light, a Sicce Xstream wavemaker in there for some flow. I will be upgrading some things in the future and investing in some controller and ATO reservoirs from IM, but wanted to start simple and learn my way through everything!

20221015_140839.jpg
Nice, welcome to the Lagoon 50 club. I've had mine for coming up on 4 years now. Great tank to get started with. Following to watch your progress.

Last edited:

Homey D. Clownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club! I started my 50 in mid-August. Taking my time as well. I have 2 pajama cardinals and a Midas blenny. Going to get a pair of clowns soon before the weather starts getting bad for shipping. Enjoy. It’s a fascinating hobby.

OP
OP
Tyler N

Tyler N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is coming along nicely! Bacteria bloom mostly cleared up, I've got a pair of Clowns, 3 Banggai Cardinals, Sunrise Dottyback, Firefish, Bi-Color Blenny, Smith's Fang Blenny, Yellow Tang (larger Tank inbound for her, I received her from a fellow reefer who was breaking down their tank) Mandarin Dragonet, Spotted Dragonet, Yellow Clown Goby.

I'm successfully keeping those Torch Corals and that small Zoa Garden on the sandbed as well. Gonna make sure everything survives for a few months then start adding more Corals.

20221202_162104.jpg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is coming along nicely! Bacteria bloom mostly cleared up, I've got a pair of Clowns, 3 Banggai Cardinals, Sunrise Dottyback, Firefish, Bi-Color Blenny, Smith's Fang Blenny, Yellow Tang (larger Tank inbound for her, I received her from a fellow reefer who was breaking down their tank) Mandarin Dragonet, Spotted Dragonet, Yellow Clown Goby.

I'm successfully keeping those Torch Corals and that small Zoa Garden on the sandbed as well. Gonna make sure everything survives for a few months then start adding more Corals.

20221202_162104.jpg
Tank is looking great so far!!

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20221202_162104.jpg
Hey, how has fish compatibility been for you? I was looking for peoples experiences with the sunrise dottyback, and it turns out you have the same tank I have too. I just upgraded to the IM 50 INT.

How’s the dottyback’s temperament/personality? I have 2 chalk bass and I’m going to transfer a yellow watchman/pistol shrimp from a smaller tank into the 50 gallon. Those are the main fish I’m a little hesitant with. But you have a fire fish and fang blenny which are similar in their behavior.

OP
OP
Tyler N

Tyler N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, how has fish compatibility been for you? I was looking for peoples experiences with the sunrise dottyback, and it turns out you have the same tank I have too. I just upgraded to the IM 50 INT.

How’s the dottyback’s temperament/personality? I have 2 chalk bass and I’m going to transfer a yellow watchman/pistol shrimp from a smaller tank into the 50 gallon. Those are the main fish I’m a little hesitant with. But you have a fire fish and fang blenny which are similar in their behavior.
I ultimately had to remove and re-home the dottyback. She attacked and ended up killing my firefish, and became hyper aggressive with any new fish I tried to add to the tank after that. Everything was fine until it suddenly wasn't with her, unfortunately.

Tyler

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ultimately had to remove and re-home the dottyback. She attacked and ended up killing my firefish, and became hyper aggressive with any new fish I tried to add to the tank after that. Everything was fine until it suddenly wasn't with her, unfortunately.

Tyler
Sorry to hear that. That is very unfortunate :(
I’ll probably play it safe and not get it then.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back