First Corals - Identification and Care

trashpanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help me identify this zoanthid. I think it is an Eagle Eye but not entirely sure. Had it for about 1.5 weeks with no change in growth (no new polyp or change in size). Each head is about 5mm in diameter. Coral is approximately 13 inches from the light. How fast do these corals grow? Also, the coral is really flat with has almost no stalk, is this normal?

Tank - Nuvo 25 Lagoon
Lights - Red Sea 50 LED at 80% 12K
Flow - 326 GPH MightyJet (the return pump that came with the tank), no other powerheads
Salinity - 1.025

Thanks!

IMG_0261.jpg

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Looks like an eagle eye from the picture, give it time might take several months to see any kind of new growth especially in a newer system. As far as them being flat with no stalk this might be just from them acclimating or could be to much light.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I find happens is this - I stare at them daily for a few weeks expecting amazing growth and get disappointed with how slow it goes. Then I ignore them for a month or so and end up being surprised at how much they've changed.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back