First ever SPS

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all, so I never planned to do SPS due to their level of difficulty. However a friend gave me this PC rainbow acro. It is now just about a month in my tank. So my question is, of course does it look okay so far?

IMG_6845.jpeg

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all, so I never planned to do SPS due to their level of difficulty. However a friend gave me this PC rainbow acro. It is now just about a month in my tank. So my question is, of course does it look okay so far?

IMG_6845.jpeg
The polyps stay out most of the time. IS that a good or bad thing? I know the pic is not the best, I will try to get a better one.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The polyps stay out most of the time. IS that a good or bad thing? I know the pic is not the best, I will try to get a better one.
A better pic will help, but it almost looks like the tips are white? That is not a good sign.

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A better pic will help, but it almost looks like the tips are white? That is not a good sign.
my last parameter check, which was Saturday PH 8.1, phosphate .13, Nitrate 11.2, alk 8.9, temp 79, salinity 1.025. It is in the middle of the tank and lights are Hipargero 100 watt leds. Last time I checked the calcium it was 420. I have never checked magnesium yet. What else should I do.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_6845.jpeg
Looks healthy to me, congrats :)

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights I have, have pre programed default settings for SPS, LPS, and mixed. I have always used the mixed satting and then manually adjusted them. Currently it is set as follows
Cool white 20%
royal blue 95%
violet blue 95 %
violet 85%
and warm white25%
IS there anything else I can do to assure my new acro is getting the best it can in my tank? The flow is very good. When I get home from work, I will try to get a video.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my last parameter check, which was Saturday PH 8.1, phosphate .13, Nitrate 11.2, alk 8.9, temp 79, salinity 1.025. It is in the middle of the tank and lights are Hipargero 100 watt leds. Last time I checked the calcium it was 420. I have never checked magnesium yet. What else should I do.
Now that I am looking at the picture with afternoon eyes, I see purple on the tips, so disregard my first post. I agree with everyone else that it is happy. Congrats!

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I am looking at the picture with afternoon eyes, I see purple on the tips, so disregard my first post. I agree with everyone else that it is happy. Congrats!
Well, that is actually why I made that post this morning. Because I know any part turning white is a bad sign for SPS. But to me, those areas in question are actually a very light kind of violet color. But because it is a PC rainbow, and in the middle of the tank, I know to expect multiple different colors. I just got a bit concerned about those light colored tips. Thank you for your help.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back