First marine tank

UK softy bloke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at setting up my first saltwater tank. Debating whether to go with a 40 gallon breeder or the pro star 60 complete setup. Can anyone with the pro star 60 give me some pros about going with the kit?
I’m looking at setting up my first saltwater tank. Debating whether to go with a 40 gallon breeder or the pro star 60 complete setup. Can anyone with the pro star 60 give me some pros about going with the kit?
Welcome, if you have the room get the 60, you run out of room fast.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
Goofy Movie Hello GIF

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go with the 40B you will need to design an entire system around it. Done correctly the tank would need to be drilled and a sump designed and installed. It can be a little confusing and for this reason I'd suggest going with the prostar system. I haven't used them but as I understand they are plug and play to an extent, much more so than a 40b.

Gogol_frag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the AquaristsAnonymous. As a starting ritual you must go, "Hi. My name is msievs, and I am an addict"! JK ... welcome to R2R, reefer!

Those are decent-sized tanks to flex some muscles. Well done.

While I don't know either of those tanks, personally - my mantra has always been:
  1. long (since it makes for nice viewing, and and decent swim-lap-length for the fishes.
  2. Shallow (since it allows for decent light penetration for most kinds of lights)
A new addition to my want-list (since this style is more popular now)... is Peninsula. Essentially, you have your equipments and gunk on the shorter walls, and let your tank have a three walled view that includes both your long walls - think of this aquarium as a room divider.

Finally, if you are looking for a 60G tank, you may consider a 2 ft x 2 ft x 2ft cube, which make for dramatic 4 walled or 3-walled displays and is also the most efficient in terms of lights (usually one powerful light fixture is enough for cubes of that size).

Happy Reefing!! Will love to follow your journey msievs.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Deferring to others as I've an ad hoc setup, but glad you joined

Back