First Official Chalice Growout on Reef2reef!!!

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with the storm bro!

heck yeah this rules :-D

HYPER UPPERCUT!
sagat.png

We just got hit with a snowstorm here yesterday so i told fishnfrags to wait till all the snow is gone as i don't want any delays. I'll post pics once i get them in.

OP
OP
Hypertek99

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok for those that have paid. Please send me your address, email and phone so i can have them on file.

OP
OP
Hypertek99

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well was hoping to get the chalice this week but looks like we are waiting for another week. I just talk to fishnfrags and we both agreed to let the frags be nice and healed before it's shipped out. Better safe than sorry. Can't wait for this week to be over!! haha

Fish n' Frags

Gold Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, i'll ship out next Tuesday for Wednesday. Frags are cut, just waiting to make sure we don't lose anything in transit. Chalices are poor shippers. We've all heard the horror stories.

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant wait to see the update. new pics and stuff. actually cant wait to have in my tank, but know that wont be for awhile

Fish n' Frags

Gold Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple pics to hold you over till Hyper can finally find a day out of his busy schedule to accept a delivery! Sorry for the unclear pics

Goku Frag - Finally starting to fold over the cut edge. This came off of an orange area, but you can see a hint of Lime Green in there already. Hope the blue comes shortly.
GROWOUTGOKU.jpg

Psychedelic Frag - 3 colors so far. This is also fluffy and healing quite well.
GROWOUTPSYCHEDELIC.jpg

Fish n' Frags

Gold Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, after having both of these for a bit now i've found that they both color much better under lower/bluer light. I had them both under high light for a very short time until i saw that the colors seem to wash together. But under low light they are both back to normal.

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those are freaking awsome i cant wait to get them. i think im gonna have a nervous breakdown lol.

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol those look beautiful. Somebody told me that it can take a few years for a chalice to growout a decent size. Is this true or does it matter on cirumstances? I have several chalices that I want to spread around but if its going to take a few years then Im gonna have to sit on them for a bit :eek:oh:

those are freaking awsome i cant wait to get them. i think im gonna have a nervous breakdown lol.

Fish n' Frags

Gold Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm, some grow much faster than others. I mean look at how many large colonies of the BGM have developed since it was released. That thing grows like its on steroids. Where as the Red Watermelon is painful to watch. Its torture how slow it grows.

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for sharing your knowledge :) Is there any rule of thumb on how to determine what grows at what speed?

Umm, some grow much faster than others. I mean look at how many large colonies of the BGM have developed since it was released. That thing grows like its on steroids. Where as the Red Watermelon is painful to watch. Its torture how slow it grows.

Fish n' Frags

Gold Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None that i know of, but i'd love to know.. Lots of people would love for a few of mine to grow a little faster... :D

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back