First Official Chalice Growout on Reef2reef!!!

OP
OP
Hypertek99

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep just a tiny bit as i cut them off and glued them onto disks instead of the plugs. I used a lot of glue and where the glue touched the tissue it made it receed back but now it has healed so hopefully it is settled in and starts taking off. I'll get another pic up soon.

pwoller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are you feeding them and talking to them nice, to encourage growth?

stuckey_t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chalice growout 2??

Why don't we buy out something else and start another growout for anyone who didn't get into the first one:wink: I know of a couple sleeper sites:bigsmile:

OP
OP
Hypertek99

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys i'm in the middle of a move right now. It's a nightmare i have so much to do and have less than 5 days to get out of my apt!!! The chalices have def grown it's just everything is packed and my little brother and cousin stacked all the boxes for me and i have no idea where the camera is right now. haha.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wondering the same....I have my own frag of the Goku and wanted to know how well its been growing for you?

Fish n' Frags

Gold Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shawn, how is yours growing? I'll have to get a few pics of the frags i have growing out. They eat like pics, tend to grow new flesh rather quickly. Now as far as new eyes, i haven't seen any yet.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mine is finally getting its growth edge down on the tile/plug so it should start to take off and grow outwards instead of downwards lol...

OP
OP
Hypertek99

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok haha I got pics but just haven't been able to post them up yet. Will get them up tonight when I get home.

OP
OP
Hypertek99

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here is the Goku like a month ago. Still need to get an update shot. Just i have been borrowing different peoples camera. Need to get someone with an awesome camera to come over to snap a pic. I had to cut the edge and put glue around it as it was raised up and i wanted it to have a flat surface to grow faster. So i did cut into the skin but as you can see in this pic it was all healed up and starting to drop down. I haven't even looked at it in a month but it should be much bigger now. I'll check once i get to my mom's house.

2h4dxxl.jpg

Last edited:

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting thread. I started doing something like this locally where I get a group of people to go in on a coral, then grow it out. Completely not for profit. AFAC

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back