First Official Chalice Growout on Reef2reef!!!

OP
OP
Hypertek99

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the point of these grow outs? Why charge a long line of people for something that could take yrs to grow out completely? Is this money you collected still in your paypal account or have you spent it all? This seems like such a horrible idea....

Hmm i guess you have the wrong idea. I didn't charge anyone for this. The money was used to buy the two chalices. I didn't even charge for shipping just the chalices. That's the point of the growout. When the time comes to frag and ship that's when you pay shipping. So no i did not pocket any money and no i did not spend the money but on these two chalices. Everyone on the growout knows that it would take a bit for the growout that's why it's call a growout. Just need to find someone that can take care of the corals and not let them die. I was in a growout for a flamethrower but it has died but you don't see me crying or complaining about it. It's a chance with these growouts. I'm not taking anyones money or anything, just growing these out for people so everyone can get a 2 sweet chalice for a low cost.

Now if you don't like these growouts don't participate in it. I'm a mod on here and i'll be here so no one in this growout has anything to worry about. The only way you're not going to get the chalices is if they die. I won't be touching them any so hopefully they will take off.

If your not in this growout don't post stupid comments. THIS IS A WARNING! Sorry to be strict but i'm tired of you guys taking up space in our growout.

Last edited:

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, good to hear that the focus of this thread will be on growing out these beautiful chalices.

Thanks again for doing this grow out. I know that I am still looking forward to hopefully getting my frags.

eggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm i guess you have the wrong idea. I didn't charge anyone for this. The money was used to buy the two chalices. I didn't even charge for shipping just the chalices. That's the point of the growout. When the time comes to frag and ship that's when you pay shipping. So no i did not pocket any money and no i did not spend the money but on these two chalices. Everyone on the growout knows that it would take a bit for the growout that's why it's call a growout. Just need to find someone that can take care of the corals and not let them die. I was in a growout for a flamethrower but it has died but you don't see me crying or complaining about it. It's a chance with these growouts. I'm not taking anyones money or anything, just growing these out for people so everyone can get a 2 sweet chalice for a low cost.

Now if you don't like these growouts don't participate in it. I'm a mod on here and i'll be here so no one in this growout has anything to worry about. The only way you're not going to get the chalices is if they die. I won't be touching them any so hopefully they will take off.

If your not in this growout don't post stupid comments. THIS IS A WARNING! Sorry to be strict but i'm tired of you guys taking up space in our growout.

Very glad your back and giving the people in the grow out info of how its coming out with the grow out either is good or bad news

Grow out are always a risk and people should understand that

Cheers for your for coming back and standing up to everybody and giving them updates

ReefRunner

Reef hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the point of these grow outs? Why charge a long line of people for something that could take yrs to grow out completely? Is this money you collected still in your paypal account or have you spent it all? This seems like such a horrible idea....

I think you may have been a bit harsh with this comment. All of us in the growout understood and accepted the risk involved. We know that chalices grow slow and that it will be awhile before we receive our frags. We just wanted an update and I appreciate the fact that Hypertek has done so. Life gets in the way sometimes and now that we know what is happening in his life and with the frags I believe that most of us are satisfied. I for one trust him with this and have no worries that he spent the money on anything other then the corals.

Robin

I

inactive

View Badges
Tek hasn't been online since V-day.... anyone know whats going on? Not the grow out but health?

ReefRunner

Reef hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my biweekly attempt to bump it up so it's not forgotten and get some info. I think I'm tilting at windmills:(

Robin

shapermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you may have been a bit harsh with this comment. All of us in the growout understood and accepted the risk involved. We know that chalices grow slow and that it will be awhile before we receive our frags. We just wanted an update and I appreciate the fact that Hypertek has done so. Life gets in the way sometimes and now that we know what is happening in his life and with the frags I believe that most of us are satisfied. I for one trust him with this and have no worries that he spent the money on anything other then the corals.

Robin

I agree with what you are saying and a nice chalices are not cheep in any way. would love to see how things go.

I did the SPS grow out challenge on reef central last year and out of all 4 corals we got I still have 3 of them. would like to do this again and to see what happens.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back