First Official Chalice Growout on Reef2reef!!!

I

inactive

View Badges
What a sick growout, looks like fun! I cant wait until I can get in on one of these :)

ReefRunner

Reef hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many people are expecting a frag of each chalice?
There are 10 people in the growout. I joined fully expecting that it could be a year before I received my piece. I don't have a problem with that at all. I also realized the risk involved and joined knowing all too well that these pieces might not make it. I'm just curious as to how they are growing. It would be great to see an updated pic.

Robin

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 10 people in the growout. I joined fully expecting that it could be a year before I received my piece. I don't have a problem with that at all. I also realized the risk involved and joined knowing all too well that these pieces might not make it. I'm just curious as to how they are growing. It would be great to see an updated pic.

Robin
Same here. Joined knowing the risk, just want an update.

OP
OP
Hypertek99

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey sorry been really busy. Will post a update pic soon. The pyschedelic is growing and color up more but the goku seems like a really slow grower!

nismo_32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my psychedelllic frag has taken off for me. started slow but its now tripled in size.... give it some time it will take off.....

underwaterfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone in the grow out. I just saw Hypertek and since I had seen some of your posts concerning the growout I asked if he had seen these yet. He asked me to post for him as he has not had a computer for about three months. He said to tell everyone he will have an update very soon. I have seen the growout pieces and can say that they do look healthy and happy. If I hear more from him I will certainly post it.
Thanks, Dave

ReefRunner

Reef hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone in the grow out. I just saw Hypertek and since I had seen some of your posts concerning the growout I asked if he had seen these yet. He asked me to post for him as he has not had a computer for about three months. He said to tell everyone he will have an update very soon. I have seen the growout pieces and can say that they do look healthy and happy. If I hear more from him I will certainly post it.
Thanks, Dave

Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Hypertek. I'll look forward to seeing him post updated pictures and information.

Robin

ss7

Guinea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got off the phone with Tony. He said he is sorry that he put the updates on back burner, but he has been really busy with family and military training. He requested that I inform you that updates will be posted this evening.

SS

OP
OP
Hypertek99

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys. Haven't been on for a few months. Really busy with military training. Both chalices are doing fine. They are very slow growers indeed. I have not touched them but i do noticed that they are growing just at a slow rate. The Goku haven't grown much at all but the pyschedelic has about 4-5 eyes now. Well here are some updated pics. Don't worry i'm not here to scam you guys. Just be patient. If they were growing at a fast rate i would be posting pics up but since they are slow there's not much to update.

Goku
10xhquq.jpg

jhvgae.jpg

Psychedelic
It's drouping over but when i picked it up it sucked in. It's starting to color up real nice.
33cbq6c.jpg

2ceggwo.jpg

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for giving an update. I know how it is to be constantly busy and having stuff going on. As being a person who invested in this, I just ask that either you send an email or something to someone on here to let us know whats going on. Set a reminder on your phone or outlook. If possible have someone post some pictures of the chalices.

I think a lot of us (at least myself) wasn't expecting to see frags for quite a while. I'm not sure if anyone else is doing grow out of chalices but I would think it would be better suited for a group of 5 instead of 10. Either way, keep us up-to-date.

OP
OP
Hypertek99

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well do. It won't be touched so hopefully it will pick up pace. I find that if the coral is not bothered it seems to grow faster.

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys. Haven't been on for a few months. Really busy with military training. Both chalices are doing fine. They are very slow growers indeed. I have not touched them but i do noticed that they are growing just at a slow rate. The Goku haven't grown much at all but the pyschedelic has about 4-5 eyes now. Well here are some updated pics. Don't worry i'm not here to scam you guys. Just be patient. If they were growing at a fast rate i would be posting pics up but since they are slow there's not much to update.

Goku
10xhquq.jpg

jhvgae.jpg

Psychedelic
It's drouping over but when i picked it up it sucked in. It's starting to color up real nice.
33cbq6c.jpg

2ceggwo.jpg

I purchase both piece directly from Matt (FnF). I can second that Goku is a very slow grower and Psychedelic is a little faster, but not as fast as BGM or OM. I hope it helps to take away someone's concern.

fiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the point of these grow outs? Why charge a long line of people for something that could take yrs to grow out completely? Is this money you collected still in your paypal account or have you spent it all? This seems like such a horrible idea....

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have found that the Goku likes higher lighting. It wasnt until I put my frag in a 12" shallow tank with 8 - t-5's over it that the Goku took off and started growing at a nice steady pace. My 1 eye frag has grown to 3 in the last 2 months after moving it into my higher light frag tank

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%
Back