First Online Order here. :)

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my first online order of corals (normally buy local). Looks like some nice lovely pieces. Have them at the bottom of my tank acclimating according to their instructions.

Couple of questions:
1. What sort of acclimation procedure do you normally do?
2. How long after acclimation do you wait to add them to your reef.

Superman Monti:
IMG_4417.jpeg

Green Slimer:
IMG_4411.jpeg

Bubblegum Digi:
IMG_4421.jpeg

Yellow Freeze Monti:
IMG_4422.jpeg

California Tort:
IMG_4430.jpeg

PC Rainbow?
IMG_4427.jpeg

Palmers Blue?
IMG_4425.jpeg

Pink Panther?
IMG_4428.jpeg

OP
OP
TCoach

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I reversed the Bubblegum and Pink Panther labels.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
drip acclimation (30-45 min) followed by a freshwater and revive dip before they go to the display tank. In display tank they go through light acclimation for two weeks (either by placing them at the bottom or by tweaking light controller settings) and then their final resting ground (flag plug removed and glued to rock).

i think removing frag plug early on is a good idea (before they go to DT). using dedicated QT tank is also a good idea. But i do not follow those due to more hassles :)

OneSockERock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp acclimate by floating the bags, pest dip (I use CoralRX) and then into a 10gal QT tank for me.

If you don't already have a coral QT running maybe just go straight to the DT after thoroughly inspecting the pest dip. I'd be wary of the instability of a rushed QT set up killing those SPS frags in the next few weeks but you could still pull it off with some babysitting.

Be warned, dips won't get the pest eggs. I started QT'ing coral specifically for fish parasites, but in doing so I saved my DT from the montipora eating nudibranch eggs in my most recent online order - I'm a full believer in coral QT now.

CollectOyster04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I reversed the Bubblegum and Pink Panther labels.
I could very well be wrong, but judging by all of the different Monti species you have, I'd say your "Pink Panther" is a Setosa(Montipora). I don't keep up with all the fancy names but I personally hadn't heard it called that before if that is in fact what it is. When I hear of sps and Pink Panther, I think of something completely different (and much more expensive lol). Some very nice classic pieces though !

OP
OP
TCoach

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could very well be wrong, but judging by all of the different Monti species you have, I'd say your "Pink Panther" is a Setosa(Montipora). I don't keep up with all the fancy names but I personally hadn't heard it called that before if that is in fact what it is. When I hear of sps and Pink Panther, I think of something completely different (and much more expensive lol). Some very nice classic pieces though !
Thanks. I'm not really into the name game and was looking for some inexpensive non-local SPS. They've only been in the tank a couple of hours and already love how much polyp extension they are showing. I have never had Acro in my tank with this type of extension. I have one piece from a LFS and the PE is non-existent on it. So super pleased.

2 of them were EBay wins and the other 6 were from the sellers website. All in all, I averaged ~$25 for the corals including shipping. Not a bad haul. Anyway, https://ajsaquariums.com has done well for me on this first order.
IMG_4441.jpeg

IMG_4440.jpeg
IMG_4438.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back