first post + indo gold torch coloration

SVC_117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Two questions - first, how to boost the gold coloration in my torches. Second, an ID for one of my torches.

I'll dive into specs before pics etc:

--hardware--
Tank: Nuvo 40
Light: Kessil A360X (mounted 4 inches above water) (current scheduled peaks at 50% intensity, most settings are at 0% color, 100% violet, 20% red, 0% green)
Flow: Vortech MP10 (50% reef crest)

--parameters--
Salinity: 1.025
Temp: 80 degrees F
Calc: 300-350
Alk: 8.4
Mag: above 1600
NO3: undetectable
PO4: undetectable (ran out of phosphate test kits and have not tested for around a month but algae growth is slow and all coral are acting fine external to a goni that just seems to hate my tank and always has half extended polyps)

--maintenance--
1. weekly 20% water change with fritz salt
2. weekly 2ml dose of red sea reef energy a and b
3. weekly target feeding with reef roids

Now onto my questions:
1. Below is a picture of both the mother colonies as well as the frags in my tank (which I got around a week ago) both display good polyp extension and feeding responses and there's already some new polyps sprouting. They are placed near the bottom of my tank. Despite overall positive indicators of health they are extremely brown and don't pop or exhibit gold coloration compared to the mother colonies - anything I can do to try to get them to look like the mother colonies? Sorry for the low video quality - don't have a proper gel filter yet (used some orange glasses lol)

2. ID for the torch on the left? It was sold to me as a dragon soul but it looks like a new york knicks - just not sure.

Thanks all!

Screenshot_20200401-134456_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-1557473487.mp4
    4.3 MB
Back