OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! One of my friends just got one of these for her kitchen counter and I think it is stunning. I am now on the look to replace my 29 gallon biocube with something similar.

And welcome!
Thanks!
Glad to see you love this design too! The only problem I’ve found so far is that the top of the led light gets HOT! I don’t think it is much a problem though, just don’t leave your hand there! :)

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to the team

Mike Kearns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! My current plan involves an ocellaris clownfish, (maybe) a peaceful damsel, a fire fish, and a neon goby to clean any parasites. For crustaceans I’m planning an emerald crab and a typical clean up crew (hermits, turbo snails, etc.) For coral I am 100% set on getting a pulsing Xenia coral, I just love everything about them!
I mostly am looking to have fun with this, but not overwhelm myself either. I’ve kept many freshwater tanks that crashed (usually because of a puffer), so I’m definitely looking to do everything right!
Welcome to the addiction. It grows fast lol. I started with a Fluval Evo 13.5 and it is still one of my favorites. I now have 5 saltwater tanks and working on number 6 lol. I have almost exactly the same livestock in my evo, minus the damsel fish but add a watchman goby and tailspot blenny. People say there is no such thing as a peaceful damsel. Watch out on the xenia. I had some on a small rock seperate from all the rest and it still spread.

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the addiction. It grows fast lol. I started with a Fluval Evo 13.5 and it is still one of my favorites. I now have 5 saltwater tanks and working on number 6 lol. I have almost exactly the same livestock in my evo, minus the damsel fish but add a watchman goby and tailspot blenny. People say there is no such thing as a peaceful damsel. Watch out on the xenia. I had some on a small rock seperate from all the rest and it still spread.
I’ve heard that Xenia spreads really fast, but I just love the pulsing look on them, so wouldn’t really mind it taking over as a centerpiece coral. If I go with the yellowtail damsel, I’ll try some methods to suppress its aggression. I love your stocking ideas!
for the damsel, I’ve seen many Fluval Evo setups in which a yellowtail damsel was in there, and, much like cichlids (from what I can tell), aggression can be personality dependent.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Cdime712

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After years and years of freshwater, time to move on to saltwater! I’ve just filled my Fluval 13.5 with sand and water! I look forward to the advice I’ll get from this forum, which I will certainly need plenty of! So far, after a day of the tank being filled, things are going well! I look forward to giving many updates on my tank!
CD9EB560-0B2D-4160-A2B1-7E48B1FEA057.jpeg
Your going to love it.. take your time !!

20200813_170545.jpg 20200813_170537.jpg

Back