OP
chrisl3212003

chrisl3212003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back through and looked up when I set the tank up it has been running around 3 months but it seems a lot of negative here so y'all have fun hope everyone has a lot of enjoyment and success with there aquariums I have been dealing with fw for about 20 years and deal with a lfs owner that has been in business for about 60 I got my water and sand from his tanks so they have the bacteria needed for the tank but just seams like everyone just wants to criticize someone not knowing exactly what they have done or haven't done since my last post I bought new lighting more filtration more test kits but I get it everyone has there own 2 cent's and have every right to express it the only reason I created this thread was because it was a requirement for the system here or I wouldn't post so I am probably closing my account

OP
OP
chrisl3212003

chrisl3212003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only just got my sw tank set up and I'm still a begginer in the marine hobby, but I'm very experienced in the fw hobby, not trying to be harsh or discourage you but I'm afraid your tank is not mature enough to add any more fish, the lion fish was not the best idea, aquariums need time.
The lion fish is the only fish in my tank I traded my clowns and almost everything else I had in my tank that was to soon

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back through and looked up when I set the tank up it has been running around 3 months but it seems a lot of negative here so y'all have fun hope everyone has a lot of enjoyment and success with there aquariums I have been dealing with fw for about 20 years and deal with a lfs owner that has been in business for about 60 I got my water and sand from his tanks so they have the bacteria needed for the tank but just seams like everyone just wants to criticize someone not knowing exactly what they have done or haven't done since my last post I bought new lighting more filtration more test kits but I get it everyone has there own 2 cent's and have every right to express it the only reason I created this thread was because it was a requirement for the system here or I wouldn't post so I am probably closing my account
Don't feel discouraged or give up! This is a great forum with a ton of awesome people and knowledge who want to help you succeed. As a public forum however, anyone can post their opinion. So take any one opinion with a grain of salt.

I love zebra dwarf lions, they are awesome fish and yours should do great in this tank. They can be a little picky to get started on frozen, but silversides on a piece of clear acrylic rod often get them going.

I also see you added a bunch of additional rock. Great choice as it will help keep the tank more stable. For your 65 gallon, a zebra dwarf lion and a snowflake moray should make pretty good tankmates. A white ribbon eel (Pseudechidna brummeri) is also an excellent substitute for a snowflake eel, stays smaller, and has a smaller bioload, so easier to maintain in the tank. Add a few damsels, maybe a pair of larger clowns like clarkii, saddleback, or tomato, and you'd have a gorgeous tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chrisl3212003

chrisl3212003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't feel discouraged or give up! This is a great forum with a ton of awesome people and knowledge who want to help you succeed. As a public forum however, anyone can post their opinion. So take any one opinion with a grain of salt.

I love zebra dwarf lions, they are awesome fish and yours should do great in this tank. They can be a little picky to get started on frozen, but silversides on a piece of clear acrylic rod often get them going.
Thanks

Got him for free from lfs he doesn't like to deal with lion fish (laws against in Florida) and someone left him and some other fish in front of his door for the store and I just happened to be there right as he opened up
He gave me 2 dozen of sw small ghost shrimp for him

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your doing great with those improvements now just have patience and take your time enjoying your tank. Add compatible fish with your lion. So you don’t lose your money. Everyone has their own way to enjoy this hobby. Everyone here just don’t like new reef keepers deal with huge problems that they’ve faced. I’ve read countless posts on how people shut their tanks due to Dino’s mainly or having aggression among fish and losing everything lost in a single night. Just be careful on what your adding. Your tank looks much better. More rock good lighting, if you still have the anemone now it’ll probably bounce back to health.

OP
OP
chrisl3212003

chrisl3212003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok

Sounds fine then, but the lion fish is the only fish you can have in the aquarium.
Wrong once again there is several fish that make great tank mates for the lionfish

please stay off my thread I don't need your lack of knowledge or your judgement

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrong once again there is several fish that make great tank mates for the lionfish

please stay off my thread I don't need your lack of knowledge or your judgement
If you want me to I will stay away i will, but please understand I am not trying to judge you at all. I'm sorry to make you feel this way. Good luck!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back