OP
OP
SaltyShel

SaltyShel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get pictures of these creatures and someone will be able to identify it! Most likely they are beneficial.

your tank does not look dirty to me.
Thank you, it’s not dirty necessarily. But per the fish store guy, there’s a lot of bad stuff in it. I can’t post videos on here so I can’t even show everyone what’s going on, cuz most of the stuff in there can literally only be seen with video, pictures don’t show it.
Other problem is that my urchin’s sounds are drooping inn different directions and the past couple days he’s been a little more stagnant than usual… I don’t think he has enough food so I’m getting nori or algae supplements today for him. Hopefully that helps. I also have high nitrates as of about a week and a half ago, but I don’t have any checkers myself so I have to rely on LFS to test for now. The LFS that said to bleach my tank and to kill all my animals in there and just get new ones later on, I brought water to him for a test (before he said all that bad stuff) and i told him I didn’t know if my new hydrometer is accurate. When he checked the accuracy with his store water, he said it was fine. Then he checked my water in there (which I could’ve done at home) and he dumped the water out of my hydrometer into a cup with his store water…knowing I brought it for a test. So now idk.

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But per the fish store guy, there’s a lot of bad stuff in it.
Hopefully this helps

OP
OP
SaltyShel

SaltyShel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hopefully this helps
Thank you! I tried to look at some of the critters on the forum but they were so zoomed in that they kinda creeped me out and I couldn’t look anymore I felt like I was looking at stuff from some kind of scary movie and was gonna get eaten by these things. I know that sounds crazy but I got real creeped out by some of those worms they literally reminded me of some parasite horror movie. I don’t like bugs anyway so I was trying to slowly go through the images but I couldn’t do it anymore. Maybe I can revisit today since I had a little break lol. I have to get used to it I guess but some of them are very scary looking, not gonna lie

OP
OP
SaltyShel

SaltyShel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright y’all… I’m about to be starting the process of my official tank reset! I’ve got some test kits and a refractometer on the way. I will post as I go!

Test kits: Nyos Nitrate, Red Sea Ammonia & Ammonium
Refractometer: the regular BRS one

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%

Back