MICU murse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just starting cycling my first tank. It's a 55 gallon tank with 25 lbs of dry live rock and a few pounds of live rock from my local pet store. I also have a bed of live sand and I have used a bacterial supplement as well. Assuming I will need an additional ammonia supply I plan to supplement with ghost feeds. Im totally new and ignorant to the process other than what I have read online (much of which I can happily say from here). Any pointers are always welcome, and I look forward to keeping up with the forum and hopefully seeing my new tank flourish.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
MICU murse

MICU murse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for welcoming me, I have done a good bit of reading on here so I'm now glad to be a contributing member. For those interested in following my tanks progress from square one I started a new thread thanks to the recommendation of dbl.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/new-tank-startup.300463/

thanks all and I look forward to questions and wisdom of more practiced hobbyists.

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, welcome! First time meeting a nurse/murse, or anybody in the medical field, who actually has a tank. My aunt runs a couple of (units of) hospitals in the Yale/New Haven area up here in CT, and I've got an uncle who is a doctor, too.

OP
OP
MICU murse

MICU murse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome, I've always been a science nerd so nursing was right up my alley. Glad to hear there are some more medical personnel on here. I've enjoyed setting up the tank so far (despite my wallet screaming at me), I'm excited to see the process of it developing.

OP
OP
MICU murse

MICU murse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I'm a paramedic. Thought about becoming a Murse myself once.
I'm thinking about getting my paramedic license and doing flight nursing, but I'm in the process of getting my FCCS and CCRN so it's going to be a ways down the road. My hats off to you though, I rode along for a while and it's definitely a different world for first responders. We've got organaized chaos in the icu, y'all get the chaotic chaos haha.

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about getting my paramedic license and doing flight nursing, but I'm in the process of getting my FCCS and CCRN so it's going to be a ways down the road. My hats off to you though, I rode along for a while and it's definitely a different world for first responders. We've got organaized chaos in the icu, y'all get the chaotic chaos haha.
Chaos is chaos regardless of whether it's in the streets or packaged in the ICU. Reeftanks are therapy. As you'll soon find

skybears

Lovin it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I would like to say welcome to Reef to Reef. I was once like everybody else very new to the whole saltwater world I found the site and came grow wonderful amazement the knowledge and dedication the people had for the saltwater community they share their knowledge the best I can to point you in the right direction that you need. The threads are amazing you can get lost in the paragraphs of information. The articles are always a good read to. We love pictures post your progress let us know everybody is willing to give tips if they can, again I would just like to take this moment to welcome you to reef2reef welcome to your new home

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chaos is chaos regardless of whether it's in the streets or packaged in the ICU. Reeftanks are therapy. As you'll soon find
...when there isn't a crisis in your tank, that is...

When that happens, you'll want real therapy, lol.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%

Back