I had to look up naruto. All I could think of was:
Gen X For the Indifference!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.. As you become part of the current older generation you realize that the previous older generation made sense after all. :)

So very true. I'm only 33 and I see this happening.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a Gears of War reference? lol.
Back when I had more free time...

C069687C-C841-4FE5-80D2-8C82FDADB73D.png
I played a bit of gears of war and a lot of call of duty too, but I haven’t played since I got married and graduated college.

I was once a master of online game trolling for distraction. Emotional people are easier to beat. I would say I’ve grown up since then, but I really haven’t. I just don’t behave that way here because that’s not what R2R is about :D

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s only a secret military base in the desert what could go wrong?

; )

Maybe they will be turned into zombies for WW4

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get it. Our music is too loud, we text instead of calling and we are putting the cable industry out of business.

It just comes off as very "get off my lawn".

The reason we keep making so many off the wall jokes and memes is because old people keep reacting to them. People didn't like planking, Pokemon Go, the cinnamon challenge, mannequin challenge, dabbing, gallon milk challenge, pass out/knock out challenge, lip plumping, and all of the other silly things that have taken the internet by storm over the last decade. It is funny to see old people get so offended by silly things, so we keep doing silly things.

I promise that everyone who did the tide pod challenge knew full well that tide pods are not intended for consumption. That's what makes it funny.

I strongly disagree with the idea that children require corporal punishment. Phones are not ruining children. When books became commonplace people thought that would ruin kids as well. Access to the entirety of human knowledge is a good thing, not a bad thing. Kids better learn how to use phones, tablets and computers because their jobs will likely revolve around them.

Interesting take on the subject.
The problem that the young people don't understand is that they are losing the ability to think and solve.
In the UNLIKLEY event please note UNLIKLEY EVENT, we do lose the internet and power, it will be the old folks that have the knowledge to rebuild.
If the young cant look it up on social media or google they will be lost.

I was told of a disagrement between two age groups.
You decide the right.
Young person telling the older person, that he was not needed anymore, that everything he needs to know is right here at his fingertipss on the smartphone.
Old person told the young well yes thats true, but where did the smart phone get all that information? and if your battery dies and your in a pickle well your done for.

No age group needs to be disrespectful to the other. Your not wrong because your old, and your not wrong because your young.

But yea I being old find the new batch of young to be a bit over the top when it comes to the old. Including and especially my own children.

But this is like playing tic-tac-toe there is and never will be a winner on the subject.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get it. Our music is too loud, we text instead of calling and we are putting the cable industry out of business.

It just comes off as very "get off my lawn".

The reason we keep making so many off the wall jokes and memes is because old people keep reacting to them. People didn't like planking, Pokemon Go, the cinnamon challenge, mannequin challenge, dabbing, gallon milk challenge, pass out/knock out challenge, lip plumping, and all of the other silly things that have taken the internet by storm over the last decade. It is funny to see old people get so offended by silly things, so we keep doing silly things.

I promise that everyone who did the tide pod challenge knew full well that tide pods are not intended for consumption. That's what makes it funny.

I strongly disagree with the idea that children require corporal punishment. Phones are not ruining children. When books became commonplace people thought that would ruin kids as well. Access to the entirety of human knowledge is a good thing, not a bad thing. Kids better learn how to use phones, tablets and computers because their jobs will likely revolve around them.

I don't think you get it. Nope not even a tiny bit.
However that's not my problem.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess I'm hoping to be somewhere in the middle. Old enough to communicate old school, and young enough to be taught and appreciate new things too.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back