First time aquascape with shelf rock - help

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Than you for the suggestions. I will try to incorporate the tips. My tank is only 16" wide, so not really much room to play with. The current scape as-is is about 12/13"" at the widest point. Any wider, i'll have too little clearance to the glass.

In hind sight, i should have gotten a wider tank. I think it will look much better. Anyhow, i am happy enough with this setup.

Thanks you all for the feedback. It was really helpful in refining the scape. I like the latest scape, and will start gluing the rock and then start the cycle in a tub. In ~1month, the tank should be here and i'll have an instant tank! Going with BB so no sand.
Good luck look forward to seeing you build thread.

Saluki2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone looking for a business idea especially if you're good with aquascape, post a bunch of different aquascape and you can sell the actual rock kit with small pieces pre-glue. I'm sure some folks may be wiling to pay extra for the pre-made scape. at one point i was about to give up and just buy a kit from aquaRoche but they are very expensive.
Funny you mention this...I had fun making my aquascape and was thinking of making some more and selling them. I have no idea what they would even go for. Haha.

Glue Masters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone looking for a business idea especially if you're good with aquascape, post a bunch of different aquascape and you can sell the actual rock kit with small pieces pre-glue. I'm sure some folks may be wiling to pay extra for the pre-made scape. at one point i was about to give up and just buy a kit from aquaRoche but they are very expensive.
That's an awesome idea. Also hard to copy 1-1, so there will be always an element of craftsmanship. Brilliant.

AgSoldier47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start by either cutting down the cardboard or draw a thick out line of the tank dimensions. Will hell you get a feel for how the rockscape will look in the space. Dot be scared to take a piece thats not working and do something totally different, flipping it 90° putting it on the opposite side of the tank etc etc.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back