First Time Reefer!!!!

theasherrr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!!!

im expecting a waterbox reef dx 100gl on Friday! I’m a bit nervous because it’s my first time but my next door neighbor who is a close buddy used to have one and is helping me get set up!

im still buying everything I need to get set up and I plan on doing my own cycle of water vs buying it. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything I need to have and know to get started but im hoping it will make more sense when I have it physically in front of me!!!

so excited for this forum because there’s SO much good info!!!!!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! As you’ve seen people here are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We’re glad you joined!

There’s a lot to take in at first. Once you learn the basics though you’ll be on your way to an awesome reef. We’ll always have more to learn but that is part of the allure of this hobby.

Hopefully you’ll start a build thread. I look forward to seeing your build progress.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!!!

im expecting a waterbox reef dx 100gl on Friday! I’m a bit nervous because it’s my first time but my next door neighbor who is a close buddy used to have one and is helping me get set up!

im still buying everything I need to get set up and I plan on doing my own cycle of water vs buying it. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything I need to have and know to get started but im hoping it will make more sense when I have it physically in front of me!!!

so excited for this forum because there’s SO much good info!!!!!

Welcome! Glad you joined. Remember, we were all new once. It's exciting you have a potential mentor right nearby.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). No time is too early (and it's about to arrive - WAHOO!!!)

This might help you find people local to you in Seattle:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back