First Time Reefer!!!!

Mikey-D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reef.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi!!!

im expecting a waterbox reef dx 100gl on Friday! I’m a bit nervous because it’s my first time but my next door neighbor who is a close buddy used to have one and is helping me get set up!

im still buying everything I need to get set up and I plan on doing my own cycle of water vs buying it. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything I need to have and know to get started but im hoping it will make more sense when I have it physically in front of me!!!

so excited for this forum because there’s SO much good info!!!!!
Welcome! When the tank arrives you should start your build thread so we can follow along with you!

OP
OP
theasherrr

theasherrr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! As you’ve seen people here are friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We’re glad you joined!

There’s a lot to take in at first. Once you learn the basics though you’ll be on your way to an awesome reef. We’ll always have more to learn but that is part of the allure of this hobby.

Hopefully you’ll start a build thread. I look forward to seeing your build progress.
Thanks for the advice! I started a build thread! Super stoked to be apart of this community!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice! I did just that!!!!

I can find your build thread, but I don't yet see your badge and those typically appear automatically once you add it to your account... this is the info they gave me when I was new - perhaps it will help you also:

Once you have created a build thread then you can get your VERY FIRST USER BADGE! YAY! It's easy to do and I have created a thread that tells you how to do it here: BUILD THREAD BADGE

BoBiddly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!!!

im expecting a waterbox reef dx 100gl on Friday! I’m a bit nervous because it’s my first time but my next door neighbor who is a close buddy used to have one and is helping me get set up!

im still buying everything I need to get set up and I plan on doing my own cycle of water vs buying it. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything I need to have and know to get started but im hoping it will make more sense when I have it physically in front of me!!!

so excited for this forum because there’s SO much good info!!!!!
Im new too! Eyeing the 180.5 dx vs non-dx. Waiting for Black Friday deals to pull the trigger. Excited to see how it goes for you

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back