First torch flow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Afarouki
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Afarouki

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2021
Messages
49
Reaction score
16
Location
Miramar
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up my first torch coral.
How does the flow look?
Any care advice otherwise?
Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8014.MOV
    20.1 MB
Looks really heavy, especially for a new piece. I would move it to the sand bed or, as close as possible in an area of very light flow. Let it get used to the new tank and lighting for a couple weeks.

Most Euphillia prefer a moderate flow and medium level light.

Think gentle sway, not palm tree in a hurricane.
 
Upvote 0
I think it actually looks pretty good and you have good extension on the tentacles. I have 4 torches in my 90 and they like med/high flow. Mine are getting more flow than yours and have had no issues.
 
Upvote 0
Nice torch. I think the flow is fine. Certainly not too much.
All my torches get higher flow than that and do great.

I have a torch that looks similar to yours, I think, just a bit bigger.
 

Attachments

  • 20220822_202351.mp4
    38.6 MB
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new