First zoa frags! Does anyone know what they are called?

NakiFantaki

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2016
Messages
485
Reaction score
186
Location
Las Vegas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy folks! So my wife surprised me with 2 zoa frags a a few nights ago and I would LOVE to know what they called. I have seen some crazy names for zoathids and I kinda wanna know what to call mine.
Does anyone know?

The first picture is mostly green/yellow. It seems to be very happy and it is doing well.
The second picture has what seems to be 2 different polpys. One is blue/dark red in the center and bright on the outside. The other one seems to be orange and green maybe? This frag doesn't seem as happy as the other one. I'm hoping it keeps adjusting and fully opens soon.

IMG_3227.JPG


IMG_3231.JPG
 
The first one is radioactive dragon eyes. On the second one, the zoas that are blue, red, and green look like watermelons.
 
+1 on the first being radioactive dragon eyes.

And I think the ones with yellow skirt in the second pic are Eagle Eyes. The others I'm not sure. Those are the two most common you can get but I also think their two of the prettiest. Just because they grow fast makes them cheaper. Can be fragged quickly and repeatedly.
 
Thanks for the info! I assume these are all very common ones correct?
Common doesn't mean unattractive :) They're common because they grow well and people like them. They all become common eventually ;)
 
Thanks! I don't care how common or uncommon they are.. I LOVE them! :)
Does anyone know what the red/blue ones are? I looked up superman zoas and I'm not sure they look the same.
 
Hard to say on the red and blue ones. Likely fire and ice. If you can get a picture with less blue lights it would help.
 
Red and blue could be spider man
 
Copy that. Ill snap a pic when I get home. My whites should be up. :) Thanks!

Im thinking about grabbing one more frag to complete the garden... Not sure what I want yet. Just not green... Maybe an orange color.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new