Fish and Treatment Guidelines (with chart)

1. Reef Able

Reef Able Active Member

Thanks doc...you know what after seeing some of the pictures of lymphocystis on google i am darn sure it is indeed lympho...there isnt any cure just provide pristine condition and it should go away...fingers crossed...

drstardust likes this.

2. Cesar Ravan

Cesar Ravan Member

Hello Everyone - Question

I am currently doing the TTM and about to use PraziPro treatment before the 3rd transfer. I notice that one of the anthias has a red rash. Ammonia has been in check. I have other 5 anthias an none show signs. Can I use Melafix with PraziPro - or should I wait until the TTM period is over?

Thank you.

3. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor North Alabama Reef Club

I would wait until 12 hours after adding Prazipro to add any additional medications. You don't need to wait until the 4th transfer.

4. Cesar Ravan

Cesar Ravan Member

Thank you!

Brew12 likes this.
  5. Byron malta

Byron malta Member

Hi guys. I ve noticed a dull patch on my koran head (pic included). Can someone tell what this is? Am I suppose to be worried?

57920C13-5BF3-4E7B-BD23-FF05E56955C4.jpeg

6. Byron malta

Byron malta Member

Very useful info. Thanks. 1 question. I have a koran angel and today i saw a faint patch on side head (see pic). Do u know what it is?

9BBC97D7-09E1-42B8-889F-AAE47173727E.jpeg

7. vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081 Well known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

Bump up vitamins in its' food and offer Nori seaweed and angel formula by ocean nutrition or similar. Looks like vitamin deficiency

8. Byron malta

Byron malta Member

What do you mean bump up vitamins. I feed it different type of food. Mainly hikari, mysis, krill, seaweed. Am I missing something?

9. vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081 Well known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

Most foods have vitamins and aminos in it already.
    You can as I do 2-3X per week, add liquid vitamins to food while thawing. I use Selcon, but there is brightwell vitamin supplement as well as kent Zoe and other vitamins on market. The content in fish foods is just not enough.

Byron malta likes this.
  10. Byron malta

Byron malta Member

What do you mean bump up vitamins. I feed it different type of food. Mainly hikari, mysis, krill, seaweed. Am I missing something?
    thanks. Will buy some tomorow

11. jasonrusso

jasonrusso Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

Are blennies mentioned on this thread? Specifically black sailfin blenny. I normally use CP

12. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Formerly icecool2 R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Showcase Editor Delaware Reef Club Build Thread Contributor

I have a blenny in CP right now. I asked somewhere and was told they are safe with CP.

13. KMench

KMench Valuable Member Delaware Reef Club Build Thread Contributor

Fairy wrasses as a whole have been deemed safe for CP per talking to @Humblefish. Have two in CP right now with no problems.

Humblefish and TheEngineer like this.
  14. Humblefish

Humblefish Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Expert Contributor Moderator Emeritus

+1 Cirrhilabrus & Halichoeres are both safe in CP. Jury is still out on all other genera of wrasses.

TheEngineer likes this.
  15. nycfishy

nycfishy Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

When using copper does it kill nitrifying bacteria? So lots of water changes to keep ammonia down?

16. Humblefish

Humblefish Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Expert Contributor Moderator Emeritus

Yes, but surviving bacteria quickly repopulate themselves and become resistant to copper.

Brew12 likes this.
  17. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Partner Member 2019 Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor North Alabama Reef Club

My experience is that a healthy biofilter can be maintained through a copper treatment. It is very difficult to establish a biofilter, even using bottled bacteria products, while copper is in the water.

drawman and Humblefish like this.
  18. Jonathan Paquet

Jonathan Paquet New Member

Hi, can you tell me about if using another treatment like Hikari Prazy pro at the end of copper treatmemt can affect both (treatments and fish).

Jonathan

19. tastyfish

tastyfish Active Member UK Reef Club Member

Prazi and copper can be run at the same time, although I personally avoid doing so and mixing medication.

It’s best in my experience to perform one treatment at a time.

If you suspect flukes when treating in copper, you can remove the fish and give a 5 minute freshwater dip (pH buffered). This will remove flukes without killing them on the fish (causing secondary infections).

It’s a much better approach than using prazi on a heavily infested fish straight away.

20. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Article Contributor Expert Contributor Hospitality Award Build Thread Contributor

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-current-qt-process.483371/

The link above shows our current process, you can use them concurrently just ensure lots of oxygen via bubbler and powerhead to be safe during treatment. But yes it’s common to use Prazi and copper on a fish prior to addition to the display tank.

MrsBugmaster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted