Fish and Treatment Guidelines (with chart)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You can blend but me , I would run carbon after copper to reduce it, then run PraziPro

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey @melypr1985

Just so you're aware, I have just finished a 47 day chloroquine treatment at 10.6mg/l (assuming a 1mg/day degradation top up due to mature filter/bacterial mulm) on the following fish which were suffering from suspected Brook and/or velvet:

Idris Wrasse
Yellow Tailed Tamarin wrasse
Convict Tang
Randalls Goby

The reason for the long course was that I suffered a resurgence of the pathogen after the original course of 21 days, I believe due to the biological degradation of the medication.

Many thanks to @Humblefish for his advice and guidance on the degradation in my case (Please don't assume for a sterile system)

Byron malta

View Badges
Reaction score
For 2 months+, in my dt I only had a maroon clown, koran angelfish and a lawnmower. All healthy with no problems whatsoever. So i bought a hippo tang and used the ttm method with no meds and after left him 3 days in qt for a bit more observation. He didnt have any visible signs of decease. So I put him in my dt. After 4 days in dt im seeing small white spots. Did someone ever experience this? Is it possibly ich after ttm?? Thanks and im a newbie bdw

Spar

View Badges
Reaction score
What are most people using for their Chelated Copper product?

Spar

View Badges
Reaction score
Copper Power. It's great.
Who sells it? I'd rather not purchase from a random source that I find on my own.

Edit: just realized you said "Power".. i skimmed as "Powder"... i see not that it is an actual product name.

drstardust

View Badges
Reaction score
Who sells it? I'd rather not purchase from a random source that I find on my own.

Edit: just realized you said "Power".. i skimmed as "Powder"... i see not that it is an actual product name.
Yup. Most of us just get in on Amazon. Some LFS have it too.

ktisdale22

View Badges
Reaction score
Do you guys use CP in your DT.i keep getting mixed reviews. From if you put CP in your DT you have big problems to run it at a low level forever and you will be in good shape? Any information is appreciated!

180 gal DT
2 squirrel fish
Koran Angel - has white spots on it's pec fins.
Raccoon butterfly - has white spots that come and go trying to decide if it's Ich or velvet. Thinking Ich.
2 pajamas
2 clowns
Skunk wrasse
Yellow Tang

Thanks

Get Fish & Corals directly for the suppliers

mcpeachy

View Badges
Reaction score
What levels of the copper are we considering when we are discussing ionic (.5)? 3 means hit or miss I'm guessing? If the fish pull through and do just fine with copper, does the poison affect their lifespan?? anyone have guesses?

mcpeachy

View Badges
Reaction score
would it be possible to add triggerfish information to this chart? i'm trying to decide if cupramine or copper power is best for the kiri trigger.

Spar

View Badges
Reaction score
would it be possible to add triggerfish information to this chart? i'm trying to decide if cupramine or copper power is best for the kiri trigger.
From everything that I have read, Copper Power is the recommended choice for copper in general. Much easier on the fish and more effective (since easier to manage levels). I would wait for a local-expert to confirm this though.

Jmas4

View Badges
Reaction score
How do foxfaces and lawnmower blennys react to cupramine? Cupramine is all I have, no lfs sells copper power.

Edit:I saw that rabbitfish can handle it. What about blennies?

jp_75

View Badges
Reaction score
How do foxfaces and lawnmower blennys react to cupramine? Cupramine is all I have, no lfs sells copper power.

Edit:I saw that rabbitfish can handle it. What about blennies?
I have used cupramine with 3 different blennies before and never had a problem.

awais98

View Badges
Reaction score
Valentini puffer

Was wondering if I could use chelated copper with the valentini puffer

cody hendrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey guys I am qting 3 Watanabei angles a blue hipo tang and lineatus wrasse. I have already done 2 rounds of prazi. I am seeing some slight flashing by the tang. I dont see the angles on the list. Copper should be ok right. If so do I need to be careful about how fast I raise the concentration? I want to nip this flashing in the butt.

Thanks in advance.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Watanabei can be sensitive to copper, so go slow and monitor carefully.

After treatment has completed, I would transfer to a clean QT system and observe for a further 2-4 weeks.

Punchanello

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have aflame angel with ich. I can't get a chelated copper product in Australia. My only options are TTM or Cupramine. The chart at the beginning of the thread rates both as fairly low risk but I keep reading horror stories in different forums.

What would be your preferred approach (TTM or Copper) and how would you execute it? e.g. lower doses of copper or things to be careful of.

I don't want to lose this fish. It is a stunning specimen.

Do you want to win a GHL ProfiLux 4 Controller Ultimate set?

• Yes I need a controller

Votes: 95 53.4%
  • Yes I would like to try this controller

Votes: 58 32.6%
  • No I'm not going to be an early bird partner member

Votes: 25 14.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
TheCoralConnect.com
Chaos Aquaculture