fish bags

Tomasz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think that 2mil are to thin for shipping, but not sure what you are using them for. I usualy get mine on ebay, and I do get 4mil.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 6 mil or double up 3 mil. So far this process has worked great for me.

OP
OP
Dejavu

Dejavu

SPS Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I triple up 2 mili bags but the bags in the link are different from what I have used in the past. They are TUF-R® bags. Can be used to replace 1 to 2 mils bags. Not sure if thet are any good but they are the only bag that they recommed fro liquids.

OP
OP
Dejavu

Dejavu

SPS Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In past experiance with buying bags off ebay, I had a ton of leakers. Has that been the case for you?

Tomasz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In past experiance with buying bags off ebay, I had a ton of leakers. Has that been the case for you?

No, I have gone thru about 500 of them and not even one leak:smile:. I will look for it tomorrow.
Tomasz.

Burks

Toledo Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't mind picking up some bags as well. Last batch the LFS got in, a lot of them had holes. They got them from a LA wholesaler too.

Good thing I normally double bag.

Tomasz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Tomasz. are you in hinding over here :bigsmile:.

I am not sure why I switch my screen name. I may have to go back to the original, LOL.

Here is a link to the bags I use:
http://cgi.ebay.com/4-x-12-clear-2-...1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247
They did go in price, but what doesn't. Also it has been couple years since I bought it.

Here is one more, not sure about the quality
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140243053602

Hope it helps.

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i always found 4-6 mil to be best. by the time i double and trip bag the thinner ones i might as well have purchased the thicker ones. cost ends up the same IMO. not to mention it is so muh fast to be able to put in the coral and wrap up one bag. with the 6 mil you dont have to baby the bag at all.

OP
OP
Dejavu

Dejavu

SPS Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Dejavu

Dejavu

SPS Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i always found 4-6 mil to be best. by the time i double and trip bag the thinner ones i might as well have purchased the thicker ones. cost ends up the same IMO. not to mention it is so muh fast to be able to put in the coral and wrap up one bag. with the 6 mil you dont have to baby the bag at all.

Doesn't matter the thickest I will always triple bag. All it takes is one leaker when shipping to create disaster.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 168 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back