OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The drain extension, sealant and wall mount for the condenser came in. :) Now, I can get the minisplit installed.

I did the final iteration of my desk design and put the cut list together.

I also cleaned up the 55 I scored for the refugium. Dang thing looks fantastic and it's over 25 years old. Love old O'Dell tanks!

Moving right along!

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The drain extension, sealant and wall mount for the condenser came in. :) Now, I can get the minisplit installed.

I did the final iteration of my desk design and put the cut list together.

I also cleaned up the 55 I scored for the refugium. Dang thing looks fantastic and it's over 25 years old. Love old O'Dell tanks!

Moving right along!
Those older O'dell tanks were/are bullet proof

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was kind of lazy.

I cleaned up the lights I am going to use on the display fuge and tested them. Current USA Loop. I think I will use the two power heads that work with it as well as monitor the temp in the fuge just for giggles.

I am tempted to use the audio portion for background noise. :)

I then got the Apex stuff back out and hooked up the DOS to make sure it works and it does. I got the order of 10 of the 1/8"MPT to 1/4" push connect in from freshwater systems so I can run RO line instead of air hose type stuff. Really good price on these. $24.68 including shipping for the 10 pack.

I will try to setup the AWC stuff myself or holler at my lifeline if I can't ;)

Finally, I sorted through some ways to mount everything and had to design/3d draw and print a bracket for the Loop controller. I really don't like double stick taping stuff up.

It turned out pretty well. I had to tweak a few things on the prototype and now the final product is printing.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0D54DEF0-D08C-4C7D-832B-F3F78BA52931.jpeg

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was kind of lazy.

I cleaned up the lights I am going to use on the display fuge and tested them. Current USA Loop. I think I will use the two power heads that work with it as well as monitor the temp in the fuge just for giggles.

I am tempted to use the audio portion for background noise. :)

I then got the Apex stuff back out and hooked up the DOS to make sure it works and it does. I got the order of 10 of the 1/8"MPT to 1/4" push connect in from freshwater systems so I can run RO line instead of air hose type stuff. Really good price on these. $24.68 including shipping for the 10 pack.

I will try to setup the AWC stuff myself or holler at my lifeline if I can't ;)

Finally, I sorted through some ways to mount everything and had to design/3d draw and print a bracket for the Loop controller. I really don't like double stick taping stuff up.

It turned out pretty well. I had to tweak a few things on the prototype and now the final product is printing.
I think you got things rolling good bro. That was cheap for those fittings as I think I paid 6-7$ each.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bit more done on the apex setup.

my son and I went to the expo Saturday. It was ok but I did get some answers i needed from some vendors.

55 stand material should be in this week.

also finalized the plan for the freshwater and refugium lighting. Using all the current loop stuff I have. That is until I can afford freshwater kessils later down the road. :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched the 75 from two 360x to an ap700 and am acclimating (was running the a360x pair at 35%. Running this light at 30% just in case). The reason? The corals will all be under 3 of these lights in the 12 foot tank so I need to acclimate them now. Plus, for some reason, I just don't like the light from the a360x as much. I am not the only one either. I have seen a few people go back to ap700s. The only thing missing to me is a little violet and that is easy enough to add and put on an alexa timer since they will be in a floating canopy they will be easily hidden.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched the 75 from two 360x to an ap700 and am acclimating (was running the a360x pair at 35%. Running this light at 30% just in case). The reason? The corals will all be under 3 of these lights in the 12 foot tank so I need to acclimate them now. Plus, for some reason, I just don't like the light from the a360x as much. I am not the only one either. I have seen a few people go back to ap700s. The only thing missing to me is a little violet and that is easy enough to add and put on an alexa timer since they will be in a floating canopy they will be easily hidden.
I am back testing several "no name" lights just like the old times and boy have things changed

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am back testing several "no name" lights just like the old times and boy have things changed

I wish I hadn't turned down smatfarm when they offered me 3 for free for testing them. lol

I just got burned so badly the last go round...

But, you are correct things sure have changed.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I hadn't turned down smatfarm when they offered me 3 for free for testing them. lol

I just got burned so badly the last go round...

But, you are correct things sure have changed.
I am just buying different lights and going do some crazy testing but because of the mess that was caused last time I am just doing it without posting data.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting there. Still have to finsh the ceiling and trim but not bad for a mini man cave :) Have to start a new build for this one.

20220405_111311.jpg 20220402_151449.jpg
There’s a tank at mcwane center in Birmingham that has a wrap around wall I did it!

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's been a long time since I've seen a wrap-around rock wall-- kind of old-school, no? Yours is executed to perfection, I'm really loving it! :star-struck:
Absolutely old school. Figured it was less to clean as well ;) Thank you btw

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna storm all day. I will still be able to do some work as long as it's not lightning. I have a terrible fear of it.

Anyway, the 55 stand material is out for delivery. Well, all except two pieces in a different shipment.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna storm all day. I will still be able to do some work as long as it's not lightning. I have a terrible fear of it.

Anyway, the 55 stand material is out for delivery. Well, all except two pieces in a different shipment.
I hope the storm is just mild as I’m horrified of lightning.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back