OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last of the 55 stand material out for delivery. I should be able to knock it out today.

I got hung up polishing a large acrylic tank this past weekend and didn't finish it or the insulation in the building. I will get both done this weekend as well as polishing my acrylic tank after wet sanding.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last of the RODI line came in earlier than expected. I will be able to run the lines for the AWC this weekend as well. That makes me very happy because I can't put in the paneling until the lines are run.

I 3d printed nice wall grommets for the lines to neaten things up.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about to run the lines for the AWC before I put up the paneling (moisture proof). I have questions.

1. Is it better to push or pull with the DOS over a 30 foot distance?
2. Is it better to use big arcs or push connect elbows? (I want to limit leak points and none will be in a wall)
3. Will it get hot enough in the attic to make much of a difference? (I know before we got the new roof put on it got to 127 in the attic haven't tested since.)

I need to know ASAP how to proceed.

I appreciate your input.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about to run the lines for the AWC before I put up the paneling (moisture proof). I have questions.

1. Is it better to push or pull with the DOS over a 30 foot distance?
2. Is it better to use big arcs or push connect elbows? (I want to limit leak points and none will be in a wall)
3. Will it get hot enough in the attic to make much of a difference? (I know before we got the new roof put on it got to 127 in the attic haven't tested since.)

I need to know ASAP how to proceed.

I appreciate your input.
1. I pull about 40’ with no issues.
2. I used arcs and not push connect 90s
3. It will get hot enough to condensate on the line. I would run a 1/2” pvc for the run in the attic and then feed the line through it. Then make sure pvc run is to where it can drain out one way or another. If that makes sense. Or you could seal each end of the pvc run and it will now be insulted (air barrier) and should not condensate.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I pull about 40’ with no issues.
2. I used arcs and not push connect 90s
3. It will get hot enough to condensate on the line. I would run a 1/2” pvc for the run in the attic and then feed the line through it. Then make sure pvc run is to where it can drain out one way or another. If that makes sense. Or you could seal each end of the pvc run and it will now be insulted (air barrier) and should not condensate.

Thanks!

Good to hear from you. How was your trip? lots of pics?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

Good to hear from you. How was your trip? lots of pics?
Check out my build thread. Work in fish barn still in progress, but you can see all the macro collected. Zoas are ticked right now, so once they open up, will add pics of them.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have come up empty on a set of leveling legs made specifically for 2040 extrusion.

So, I designed my own and will be fabbing them up when the M8 feet get here. They handle 100kg each and I will have 6 on the AIO and the 55 stand so plenty of load handling. Good thing I have so many tools and can weld. ;)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prototype leveling foot setup done. Yes, it's not the same size as the leg but, it works and I am sure it will be stout enough to handle the weight that will be on it. I will make sure they are all the same size and painted when done. AIso need m8 nuts (jam nuts) to set the height. I have to make 12!

levelling foot.jpg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I have to clean two protein skimmers, do water changes and fill auto top offs in preparation for my trip. Wife’s orders. lol

I have to show my wife how much to feed each tank too.

she’s so sweet.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, skimmers done, top off done and doser setup.

I should have setup the doser months ago. So easy... once I figured out it's clock is on EST and you can't change it! lol
So, I just set the times to run an hour later than I wanted.

Also, cleaned the lizards enclosure, made a pan of mac and cheese and a triple batch of garlic walnut tortellini for a cookout and started getting my clothes packed up for the trip. Not too shabby by noon.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, skimmers done, top off done and doser setup.

I should have setup the doser months ago. So easy... once I figured out it's clock is on EST and you can't change it! lol
So, I just set the times to run an hour later than I wanted.

Also, cleaned the lizards enclosure, made a pan of mac and cheese and a triple batch of garlic walnut tortellini for a cookout and started getting my clothes packed up for the trip. Not too shabby by noon.
Not bad at all. Be safe out of town and have the wife yell at me, or you can yell at me if you need anything with the tanks done while you are gone. I got yo back homie.

I Gotchu I Got You GIF by HBO Max

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not bad at all. Be safe out of town and have the wife yell at me, or you can yell at me if you need anything with the tanks done while you are gone. I got yo back homie.

I Gotchu I Got You GIF by HBO Max

Thanks bro!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well everything is alive and well and the doser worked perfectly. The alk is holding steady at 9.6. I am going to dose 1ml less of all 4 reef to bring it to around 9 over the course of the next few days.

Got driftwood on the way for the FW angel tank from a friend in missouri who sells really nice pieces of driftwood.

I put in enough hours to make two weeks pay in a wee and took off at 11 today. :)

I need a 125 for my discus. I want to sell the AIO acrylic tank sitting on the RSR625 stand.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well everything is alive and well and the doser worked perfectly. The alk is holding steady at 9.6. I am going to dose 1ml less of all 4 reef to bring it to around 9 over the course of the next few days.

Got driftwood on the way for the FW angel tank from a friend in missouri who sells really nice pieces of driftwood.

I put in enough hours to make two weeks pay in a wee and took off at 11 today. :)

I need a 125 for my discus. I want to sell the AIO acrylic tank sitting on the RSR625 stand.
Pics of AIO? and how many gallons is it?

Back