OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, unless I find a 6 foot 125 at a reasonable price, the final tank selection is this:

12 foot tank - mixed reef
625xxl - fowlr
187 - ray tank with mangroves
55 - display refugium/ macro tank
75 - freshwater flooded forest discus
55 - freshwater planted angels

Possibly swap the 625xxl and 12 foot. That will be a fluid situation. I have lighting for either to have a reef.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
driftwood for the angel tank is out for delivery early. :)

I have to mod the stand I had originally built for the AIO acrylic to fit the 75. Just need to take a foot out of the length. 4 cuts and bolt it back together. Gotta love building with extrusions.

I still need to build the big stand to hold the 187 and 625xxl and the 55 angel tank stand. I have been offered a 30 gallon hex and stand to use as an anemone/ clown tank and may do it. So much for a finalized list! ;)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby says "go angel tank!" ;)

DSC_0007 (2) (1024x701).jpg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby says "go angel tank!" ;)

DSC_0007 (2) (1024x701).jpg
I wish I had room for a marine angle tank. This one is a freshwater angel tank.

I attached a video of the blue veil hybrids my breeder friend is giving me.

Attachments

• angels.mp4
    740.1 KB
OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the 75 cleaned up today. Looks almost new.

I resized the aluminum stand that was for the acrylic to fit the 75. Looks great.

5F56A031-2283-4389-8A76-3C8D82FA6FDF.jpeg

tomorrow I clean up the second 55 and put a new bottoms trim on I happen to have laying around and then start on the aluminum stand for it.

I still need another canister filter and a smaller Sterilizer. The one I have for freshwater is 35 watts. lol. Way too big for either tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am short a piece of extrusion for the 55 stand so I worked on the light rack for the 75.

D1291C4E-D37A-4B77-8CFC-A21B408E7919.jpeg

it’s height adjustable right now it’s at maximum around 18” from water level. It can drop to about 2”

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well gang, the room has come to a screeching halt.

about 10 minutes after I posted yesterday, I had a second stroke and got medivac’d

luckily, it was fast enough for tpa treatment and things have rapidly improved. Stills left side weakness.

I should be home tomorrow to recuperate. But I am forbidden from driving and using power tools for a while.

it really sucks. But at least I’m still here.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

about 10 minutes after I posted yesterday, I had a second stroke and got medivac’d

luckily, it was fast enough for tpa treatment and things have rapidly improved. Stills left side weakness.

I should be home tomorrow to recuperate. But I am forbidden from driving and using power tools for a while.

My prayers are with ya man. If you or the wife need anything, anything at all, just let me know.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank god you are ok now. Wish you speedy recovery.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, update time.

I am home. Thanks to speedy (I mean really speedy) driving by my son's best friend, we got to the hospital in time for TPA treatment and I am doing amazingly well. I am back home and taking it easy. I am only tired and have a little weakness in my left leg. Speech, swallowing and left arm are back to normal.

I want to thank you for the well wishes.

I am no longer going to be allowed on ladders so, against everything ingrained in me, I am going to ask my buddies for help finishing the room because about 90% of what's left, requires a ladder. I just hate asking for help. :)

But, at least I am here to ask for it.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, update time.

I am home. Thanks to speedy (I mean really speedy) driving by my son's best friend, we got to the hospital in time for TPA treatment and I am doing amazingly well. I am back home and taking it easy. I am only tired and have a little weakness in my left leg. Speech, swallowing and left arm are back to normal.

I want to thank you for the well wishes.

I am no longer going to be allowed on ladders so, against everything ingrained in me, I am going to ask my buddies for help finishing the room because about 90% of what's left, requires a ladder. I just hate asking for help. :)

But, at least I am here to ask for it.

You have been in my thoughts, you need to slow down a bit, how many "warnings" do you need? :)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have been in my thoughts, you need to slow down a bit, how many "warnings" do you need? :)

no more. That's all of them I needed. :)

Thanks. I appreciate the thoughts.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See the neuro soon.

First thing they said when making the appointment was "No power tools, driving, climbing more than 3 stairs unassisted, no lifting over 15 pounds and absolutely no ladders" I am guessing this is the new normal folks.

It's not stopping this project though. If I have to pay someone, this room is getting done!

I honestly believe, once it's done, it will help me relax. Especially since I will have the view of all the tanks while working from home. :)

BTW, when you have the TSA treatment, you bruise like crazy. I look like I have been bare knuckle fighting again and lost. :eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I marked all the pieces for the 55 stand and had my son cut them since I can't user power tools. He did really well for a mechanic! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I will sit down and assemble it and see how it goes. I was able to do a load of my aquarium towels yesterday and fold them without too much effort. I am on the mend!

Don't yell at me, I am taking it slow. I know I won't be 100% like before but, I have to be somewhat productive.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to slowly organize stuff in the room since other people will be working on it soon.

I bought a rolling set of industrial wire shelves off FB and a bunch of nice plastic crates. Already full. Should have bought two sets. :) But, it sure did clean up the place.

Should have folks starting on the rest of the insulation and paneling this week.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of organizing done.

I decided I am going sell my apex stuff and go with a dedicated water change system once it sells.

I also built the 55 stand except for a few bolts I am waiting on from amazon.

I ordered an area rug and runner that will go in after the floors are painted gray with concrete paint. I figured this was the best thing to do next to having epoxy done and much much less expensive and the rugs will help keep noise down too and keep the floors from being so cold in the winter.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back