OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished printing the smatfarm shades, finished the roughout of the 187 stand and got an eye exam.

Pretty good day.

I will finish the 187 stand in the next few days (except for the doors) and get the light rack hung up after the stand is in place.

I will then have to go to Brew's house and get the 187 and bring it home. If you are keeping track, that is the last piece of the puzzle before plumbing begins! (I am going to hold off on the frag tanks to speed things up and get the rest of the tanks cycling.)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son saw this in walmart, bought it and put it together for my fish room.

MYAva7wiQ0i34wzeTOzobA.jpg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was moving the RSR tank into place and put my knee through the door! Not a huge deal. But, I hope this the one mishap. Well, besides having a stroke in the middle of the build. LOL!

Don't let Sherry know I made that joke. She is very sensitive to stroke jokes. ;)

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was moving the RSR tank into place and put my knee through the door! Not a huge deal. But, I hope this the one mishap. Well, besides having a stroke in the middle of the build. LOL!

Don't let Sherry know I made that joke. She is very sensitive to stroke jokes. ;)
bernie sanders no GIF

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My dad had plans for a tiki bar had a major heart attack just at the beginning prepping the foundation. We named it Bypass junction.
If the blood is pumping the booze is flowing.
The other suggestion was
Cardiac shack

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad had plans for a tiki bar had a major heart attack just at the beginning prepping the foundation. We named it Bypass junction.
If the blood is pumping the booze is flowing.
The other suggestion was
Cardiac shack

That sounds like something my boys would do.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to have to go back and read this one from the beginning, this is my type of build!!

It changes a lot and goes way off the rails a few times. I talk about my health and family a lot.

I hope you enjoy it.

And yes, I probably need an emotional support koala or something. :)

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it wrong that I have been keeping aquariums in one form or another since 1973 and, every time my wife asks, I want to go out to have seafood?

:upside-down-face:
Nope.

Fish are food and friends.

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It changes a lot and goes way off the rails a few times. I talk about my health and family a lot.

I hope you enjoy it.

And yes, I probably need an emotional support koala or something. :)
This is exactly what I look for in a build thread! Haha!

I went from a 29 Gallon, to 55 Gallon to a 75 Gallon, to a fish closet, to a fish room and now I have 1000 Square feet of fish Business. It's a deep, deep rabbit hole if you choose to go down it!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly what I look for in a build thread! Haha!

I went from a 29 Gallon, to 55 Gallon to a 75 Gallon, to a fish closet, to a fish room and now I have 1000 Square feet of fish Business. It's a deep, deep rabbit hole if you choose to go down it!
That it is. Your statement also makes me miss my "Fish barn" lol

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read this over, and over and over again but for some reason I have never done this. I will pick some up as my powerheads are due.
All I use. I just sent @sfin52 2x gyres that are first gen and bought when released. He can vouch for how new they look with only being cleaned with citric acid.

1 gallon of water and 1 cup of citric acid. Let soak for 15 minutes, run pumps or 10 and wipe even the toughest old caked on coralline off.

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I use. I just sent @sfin52 2x gyres that are first gen and bought when released. He can vouch for how new they look with only being cleaned with citric acid.

1 gallon of water and 1 cup of citric acid. Let soak for 15 minutes, run pumps or 10 and wipe even the toughest old caked on coralline off.
Thanks @Eagle_Steve !! Noted, I will order some tonight.

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the rabbitfish turned out to be the culprit.
What type of Rabbitfish? Sorry I started at the beginning of this journal so I am unaware of your livestock! Man that is rough, its wild when some of the fish just lose their minds and star on these murder sprees.

Also, Did you keep the Chairs?!

Last edited:
OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of Rabbitfish? Sorry I started at the beginning of this journal so I am unaware of your livestock! Man that is rough, its wild when some of the fish just lose their minds and star on these murder sprees.

Also, Did you keep the Chairs?!

OK (sucks in air like ace ventura) Yes, I kept the chairs, The rabbit fish was a huge scribbled, I started in 1973 with a 5 gallon neon tetra tank and got progressively more and more until I started breeding clownfish, halleri rays and bamboo cat sharks in the mid 90s. Then scaled back for a couple decades until I opened a 3200 square foot store 13 days before they shut me down for COVID. The store never recovered from the losses. Now, I have a 14 x 23 room that my wife bought as a present for me that is for my man cave and aquariums.... (Runs out of steam)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back