Fish Compatibility Chart

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After searching online for compatibility charts and only finding images, I decided to make a Microsoft Excel table of compatibility.
I do not know if this has been done before, but I find it much easier to scroll through on the left to the fish I want to know about and match to the top for compatibility with other fishes. The table headers are frozen, so they stay visible as you scroll down through the list.

I referenced charts from LiveAquaria, AquariumCreationsOnline, TheSprucePets, and others, so none of the information or research on compatibility is my own. Please credit those who have done this research to make it readily available for us.

Feel free to use this document if your eyes go fuzzy trying to look at the charts in image form only!

Attachments

• Marine_Fish_Compatibility.xlsx
    14.7 KB · Views: 825

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After searching online for compatibility charts and only finding images, I decided to make a Microsoft Excel table of compatibility.
I do not know if this has been done before, but I find it much easier to scroll through on the left to the fish I want to know about and match to the top for compatibility with other fishes. The table headers are frozen, so they stay visible as you scroll down through the list.

I referenced charts from LiveAquaria, AquariumCreationsOnline, TheSprucePets, and others, so none of the information or research on compatibility is my own. Please credit those who have done this research to make it readily available for us.

Feel free to use this document if your eyes go fuzzy trying to look at the charts in image form only!
What an awesome thread!!

jta117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mate, this might prove to be immensely helpful for me, thank you so much.

OP
OP
Soren

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mate, this might prove to be immensely helpful for me, thank you so much.
I hope it helps! Just remember that these compatibilities are just general references and are definitely not a replacement for research on specific species and actual experiences.

keithIHS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it helps! Just remember that these compatibilities are just general references and are definitely not a replacement for research on specific species and actual experiences.
Love the chart. Thanks.
Groups of individuals of a single species usually don't work well together, and a group of individuals of different species within the same genus may work together, especially if they look different, eat different foods, occupy different areas of the tank, but it's highly variable. So be careful in the chart about "caution" for same fish type to same fish type. Damsels, Tangs, Wrasses all have this issue, despite lots of advice on line to the contrary. If you want to take it to the next level, check this out: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/cirrhilabrus-complexes-inferiority-need-not-apply-1st-revision.352/.
And then there's hermaphroditism. Clownfish change from male to female. Wrasses change from female to male. And unless there's a lot of them to spread aggression, it can become problematic. The ocean's a big place, your aquarium is not.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back