Fish Disease

rosegirl37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a Gray or Black angel who stopped eating a couple weeks ago, and now has developed a large swollen area on the left side . This happened right after moving him from a quarantine tank where it was treated with Furan 2 antibiotic. Anyone have any ideas what this could be. Thanks

OP
OP
R

rosegirl37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gray Angel.jpg
I have a Gray or Black angel who stopped eating a couple weeks ago, and now has developed a large swollen area on the left side . This happened right after moving him from a quarantine tank where it was treated with Furan 2 antibiotic. Anyone have any ideas what this could be. Thanks
Your pic didn't attach
I had to redo it. The picture is up now.

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gray Angel.jpg

I had to redo it. The picture is up now.
I think that may be a bacterial infection. How long did you use the furan 2?@ngoodermuth @HotRocks @4FordFamily @Big G

OP
OP
R

rosegirl37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did two treatments in quarantine tank with a water change between treatments. Someone mention that it could be from some trauma when I moved him from the quarantine to the regular tank. If it does not improve I will have to move him back to quarantine.

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should probably move him back now, even though the box says 2 treatments usually 10 to 14 days is needed for infections. The experts I tagged above will tell you what you need to give him. From the pic it looks pretty severe

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did two treatments in quarantine tank with a water change between treatments. Someone mention that it could be from some trauma when I moved him from the quarantine to the regular tank. If it does not improve I will have to move him back to quarantine.
Meds are notoriously slow working on saltwater fish. Give the fish the full 10-14 days. Then observe. It's hard to tell from the pictures where exactly the swelling is on the fish. Can you help us to help you with a bit more info?
Just in case you need to use it, the "trifecta" of Metro + Furan2 + Kanaplex can cover an incredibly large spectrum of aliments. Beautiful fish BTW.

OP
OP
R

rosegirl37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meds are notoriously slow working on saltwater fish. Give the fish the full 10-14 days. Then observe. It's hard to tell from the pictures where exactly the swelling is on the fish. Can you help us to help you with a bit more info?
Just in case you need to use it, the "trifecta" of Metro + Furan2 + Kanaplex can cover an incredibly large spectrum of aliments. Beautiful fish BTW.
Thank you very much, I will try that the fish is back in quarantine now. Thanks again

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back