Fish dying. Unknown. Need HELP

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what’s wrong. I lost 2 that’s the other day, and was told it was the newly added unsafe anemone. Now today, my yellow tile fish can’t get off the sand bed, and seems to have a piece of his take missing. This is NOT another fish doing this as I basically have nothing left in my tank. I don’t know what’s causing this. He looks different, I don’t know how to explain it but he has a fuzzy look to him, he has a bit of redness but most importantly flesh is being eaten off the tale. Does anybody know what this is? Please help

IMG_2447.jpeg IMG_2446.jpeg

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this seems to be confirmation it was not the nem you adamantly argued killed your other two tangs in the other thread. Looks like youve got something in your tank (ich, velvet or whatnot) that hopefully the fish medics can help with. Im sorry about all your fish loss its super upsetting :(

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this seems to be confirmation it was not the nem you adamantly argued killed your other two tangs in the other thread. Looks like youve got something in your tank (ich, velvet or whatnot) that hopefully the fish medics can help with. Im sorry about all your fish loss its super upsetting :(
Clearly not. I guess I wanted to belive otherwise but this proves it. Have you heard of a disease like this before that eats flesh ?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearly not. I guess I wanted to belive otherwise but this proves it. Have you heard of a disease like this before that eats flesh ?
It could be a lot of things. Turn on the whites and get a 30 second video and upload to youtube and post the link. @Jay Hemdal @vetteguy53081 @MnFish1 @fishguy242 will be able to help you ID what it is, I am not a fish medic and I cant tell you what it is other than it looking sick

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost 2 that’s the other day, and was told it was the newly added unsafe anemone
Your expert friend, and everyone here insisted it was not the anemone that killed your tangs

also if you have said anything to your gf implying she’s responsible for your fish deaths because of the anemone she bought, then now is the time to apologize so she isn’t wrongly feeling guilt or shame

Now that it’s established you have a sickness in the tank, which is what you actually were told, hopefully it can be figured out

Can you post clear photos in white led light with no blues or colors? a video would be more helpful if you can provide one

Fish medics this tank was rapidly established. Cycle started 8/2023, and all coral was added at once (purchased entire tank of coral from quitting reefer) and fish added very quickly as well. OP had other fish deaths recently before the two tangs also

Attachments

• 169770AA-E4AB-470F-B0E6-299230DD0E0E.png
    169770AA-E4AB-470F-B0E6-299230DD0E0E.png
    322.1 KB · Views: 29

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what’s wrong. I lost 2 that’s the other day, and was told it was the newly added unsafe anemone. Now today, my yellow tile fish can’t get off the sand bed, and seems to have a piece of his take missing. This is NOT another fish doing this as I basically have nothing left in my tank. I don’t know what’s causing this. He looks different, I don’t know how to explain it but he has a fuzzy look to him, he has a bit of redness but most importantly flesh is being eaten off the tale. Does anybody know what this is? Please help

IMG_2447.jpeg IMG_2446.jpeg

Tough to say, I can't see its tail in the pictures. If you want to try and dig through this, you should post a problem report in the fish disease section. this link explains all that:

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back