Votes: 19 2.2%

• Total voters

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found yesterday's poll on the use of an auto-feeder interesting. Over 62% of responses indicated they do not use an auto-feeder. Not sure why, but I honestly thought more folks used them. So if you're manually feeding the fish, it might be interesting to see how often we are feeding our critters. Even if you do use an auto-feeder, let us know your feeding frequency.

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use pellets at all. Frozen and love foods throughout the evening split into probably 6 feedings. How are people feeding less than once a day? That sounds crazy, these fish would feed constantly all day long in the wild

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed pellets one rotation 1 pm Monday and Wednesday with the Apex AFS then pellets one rotation at 6pm Sunday through Thursday all automatically. Saturday a cube of frozen Hikari Mega-Marine Angel only and Friday I don't feed at all so the fish will be hungry enough on Saturday to eat as much of the Hikari as possible. They don't like it and I'm trying to use it up, besides my Coral Beauty Angel is said to need sponge in its diet of which the Hikari has.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Twice a day for me and most days some seaweed as well! I'm feeding 99% frozen as well.

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed Hikari/PE mysis once a day most days, with pellets occasionally [3 times a week maybe] included with the frozen.

Sometimes i'll throw in some frozen brine shrimp as well, and I use reef chili once a week about 1hr after lights out for the corals. Some weeks I forget and don't feed the reef frenzy, and some days I don't feed the fish [randomly]

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to feed four times a day with small amounts of frozen food each time (LRS Reef Frenzy, Fertility Frenzy, Nutamar ova, and PE Mysis). I also fed nori once a week since my wrasses love it so much.
Haven’t had as much time lately and have brought it down to twice a day with PE mysis pellet and a mixture of frozen foods.

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My routine (15 or so fish in 120 gallon tank, total volume 150 gallons):
  • 4x Daily - Small amount of Hikari Marine S pellets
  • 1-2x Daily - Assorted frozen foods (PE mysis, SFBB brine, PE calanus, SFBB marine cuisine, SFBB Emerald Entree, SFBB Plankton)
  • 3x Week - Nori (Green, Red, Purple, etc)
Edit: Please add 4x a day to the poll!

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My light came up at 6AM so I feed my fish at 6:30AM before I go to work, and after work around 5PM, on weekend they might get a extra feed at noon.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back