• Other

Votes: 19 2.2%

• Total voters

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3x a day: LRS or Rod's + PE in the morning, Hakiri Mysis+fish eggs 0r Calanus around mid-day and LRS or Rod's Herbavore + PE again in the evening. Once or twice a week I'll mix in some Spectrum pellets or live blackworms.

QT tanks also fed 3x daily: Hakiri or Reef Nutrition Mysis, Calanus, Nutrimar Ovum

nvert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed once a day in the evening, generally 2-3 frozen cubes of mysis or something similar. Every other day, I supplement the cubes with Reef Chili from BRS and twice a week I feed nori to my two tangs on a clip.

n21benson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 or 5 times a day - I mix it up with mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, hikari seaweed, new life spectrum, fresh raw shrimp and clams.

* Moorish idol, Yellow tang, Longnose butterfly and Rectangle triggerfish.

Plus nori a couple of times a week.

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed pellets around 2-3 times a day, on some occasions 4 times. Then I feed LRS fish frenzy 3 times a week. Nori every other day. I also feed the corals directly.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
X2 day minimum.
LRS, RODS, nutrimar Ova, eggs, seaweeds, spiralina, etc..

AF, selcon, omega, fish oil, added randomly as each daily batch is a different blend of products.

Fresh mix of scraps from work.
No dry, no cubes, no auto feeder

jake_francis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed 4-5 times a day. Automatic feeder 4 tumes
Daily. Frozen food in the evening. I have a wrasses dominated tank. They need to eat to stay healthy.

biga1106

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed 2-3 times a day. But when I'm at work which is twice a week they don't eat. I make my own frozen food which consist of shrimp, clams, mussels, small amount of real garlic shopped small and high quality pellets to enhance color. And I use frozen brime and mysis as well.

John ob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lionfish three goldfish every other day, octopus self feeds on snails replace 10 snails every two months. Angler goldfish every other day small. Puffer mix squids/clams/fish. Wrasse when steals a goldfish, eel clam silversides twice a week/ engineer goby clam a week all others seaweed/clam 2blocks mysis 2blocks brime some other combined sea creatures for 20 other fish every three days. Corals weekly target feed.

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feed twice a day . Never fed anything else than frozen food. I use a baster so I push it low for my sand gobies. Most importantly I think is to feed based on what fish are in tank. Anthias require more feeding. Tangs and wrasses can do once a day and some seaweed in between. On a SPS Tank feeding to much can cause different issues so I also think what are your corals in the tank. Most importantly not to over feed. Like manual feeding mostly is to see who is eating and who is not.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed small amounts 3 to 5 times a day. It's pretty much all whole seafood. The mix consists of oyster,clam ,whole chopped silver sides ,fish roe when I have it, mysis & a chunk of Rod's reef. I put some nori in for the tang who ignores it. Some times I put a shrimp head in a specialized clip for the copper band . She love that !

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put some Nori in every morning before work for my foxface and dwarf angel (it's always gone when I get home) then I feed everyone (dwarf lionfish, porcupine puffer, eel, painted angler) a varied frozen mix in the evening. The angel and foxface would eat pellets from a feeder but no one else would. The angler only eats every 2-3 days.

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3-5 times a day pellets plus a sheet of nori almost daily and some LRS every other day.I was manually feeding and it is always a good time to look over entire system but since I leave town for a week at times I want to get comfortable with auto feeder.

Crackem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 120 gallons, gem tang, regal and bellus angel, 3 anthias, 4 wrasse . My autofeeder feeds a very small amount of pe pellets 2x a day. I feed 1-2 cubes of pe mysis a day and small amount of nori 1-2x a week.

Question Tho? If you don't say how big your tank is and maybe even how many fish than it doesn't matter how much you feed. Every tank is different so it only makes sense to say what size and how many fish right?

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 120 gallons, gem tang, regal and bellus angel, 3 anthias, 4 wrasse . My autofeeder feeds a very small amount of pe pellets 2x a day. I feed 1-2 cubes of pe mysis a day and small amount of nori 1-2x a week.

Question Tho? If you don't say how big your tank is and maybe even how many fish than it doesn't matter how much you feed. Every tank is different so it only makes sense to say what size and how many fish right?
The question was how many times a day and if it was how much then you would need to know how many fish and size of display and fish. My feedings are what they eat within a minute 3-5 times pellets a day plus a large sheet of nori and some frozen food every other day along with one heavy feeding of of reef chili or other coral foods at least once a week. If you feed what gets consumed quickly say 2 minutes or less then size and number of fish does not matter.

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 280 litres with fish stock consisting of flame angel, yellow tang, Tomini tang, Solar wrasse, Helfrichi firefish, Sun spot goby, Yellow watchman goby, Mandarin, and 3 common clowns. Corals are a mix of soft, Lps, and Sps. And a CUC of 6 Turbo snails, 2 hermit crabs, 3 Emerald crabs, blood shrimp, 3 True peppermint shrimps, and finally 6 nassarus snails. I manually feed my tank a variation of pellets, flake 4 times a day, then 3 squares of frozen food thawed in a little tank water split between two feeds. A 8" by 4" sheet of nori is always on offer and replaced as soon as 1 is finished and finally weekly 2 thawed prawns are given to the Nas snails and either marine snow or reef roids are once a week. As you have read I like to feed little and often which to me is what the livestock did before they were taken from the sea.

newfishkeeper88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only feed every other day frozen Mysis and some pellets for the clowns just to make sure they get what they need. Multiple times a day seems crazy I guess it just depends on your livestock

richkelly66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed 2 different sizes of the same Omega One pellet every morning..... big pellet for the tangs and little pellet for the chromis and other smaller fish. It is gone within 2 minutes and I am generous. They spend the next hour chasing random pellets around the tank, as I feed with one of those feeding tubes that put it away from the surface....lots less down the overflo!
I also feed frozen mysis and spirula every other day in the afternoon. 1 cube of each split up for 4 tanks. It is also gone fast, but most fish get some.
Then I feed seaweed every other day that I don't do frozen in the afternoon.
This has kept a school of 6 chromis happy for over a year.....this was a tough one to accomplish for me for some reason.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only feed every other day frozen Mysis and some pellets for the clowns just to make sure they get what they need. Multiple times a day seems crazy I guess it just depends on your livestock
It also depends on you tanks filtration to export nutrients. IMO fish should eat everyday. I've set up the tank to be able to handle the extra bio load from feeding everyday. If your clowns are fat and happy then do what works for you.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back