Fish for 90 gallon reef tank?

Coral Hygiene

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
372
Reaction score
305
Location
Northern Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a new 90 gallon reef tank with a 30 gallon sump (protein skimmer, carbon and gfo reactors, refugium with chaetomorpha). Mixed reef, thinking mostly sps and lps and not sure what kind of reef safe fish to put in it. Here's what I m thinking so far:

- Kole yellow eye tang
- Bicolor blenny
- Flame angel
- One spot foxface
- Orange Stripe prawn Goby paired with a Pistol shrimp
- My current occelaris clown

I will be quarantining any fish I get for 4-6 weeks in a 20 gallon tank with prazipro and such and adding new fish to the main display every month or so to let beneficial bacteria to grow. I'm open to any suggestions or problems with my list above. I've only been in this hobby for about a year so I'm still a newbie...
 
Your list looks OK, but the tank may be a bit small long term for a foxface and a Kole tang. Melanarus wrasse would be a neat addition, and add some green and pink to the tank :)
 
a 6 line is always a great thing to have around if you have the space... theyll keep up on pests that sneak in on frag plugs as eggs or that make it through dip


ok and I just noticed your name.... uhhmmm what the 0_o
 
Last edited:
Your list looks OK, but the tank may be a bit small long term for a foxface and a Kole tang. Melanarus wrasse would be a neat addition, and add some green and pink to the tank :)

Thanks for the info! I was thinking about getting a wrasse but I heard they get very aggressive with tank mates... i put the foxface and kole tang on the list since live aquaria suggests a 70+ gallon aquarium, thought they would be good at eating all the nuisance algae
 
a 6 line is always a great thing to have around if you have the space... theyll keep up on pests that sneak in on frag plugs as eggs or that make it through dip


ok and I just noticed your name.... uhhmmm what the 0_o

Never knew that, and they look pretty cool too. And i just joined REEF2REEF so i couldnt think if a name...XD
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new