Fish for evo 13.5

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish somehow jumped out, either during a water change or with great skill because I use the lid.

Now my reef is has no fish, but my nitrates have zero out and I am looking for cool fish suggestions.

Tank is around a year old.
Has a birds nest coral, some zoa a torch and some chalice, which all seem to be doing good.

I am adding nitrates to help the coral stay healthy but figure a fish might be fun again and always seem to help the nitrates.

Thank you

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish somehow jumped out, either during a water change or with great skill because I use the lid.

Now my reef is has no fish, but my nitrates have zero out and I am looking for cool fish suggestions.

Tank is around a year old.
Has a birds nest coral, some zoa a torch and some chalice, which all seem to be doing good.

I am adding nitrates to help the coral stay healthy but figure a fish might be fun again and always seem to help the nitrates.

Thank you
Ever consider a small scorpion of some sort? Like a yellow spot? Grow to about 4", reef safe, in the sense the wont eat your snails or corals, and typically do well in species only tanks? Mine is very active in my display sump, readily eats frozen and is a blast to watch stalking amphipods lol.

OP
OP
MNFish

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever consider a small scorpion of some sort? Like a yellow spot? Grow to about 4", reef safe, in the sense the wont eat your snails or corals, and typically do well in species only tanks? Mine is very active in my display sump, readily eats frozen and is a blast to watch stalking amphipods lol.
That actually sounds awesome!
Thank you!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That actually sounds awesome!
Thank you!
You are welcome. They are cute little buggers and not something seen everyday in tanks. Also, if you have any UV or at least close, they kind of glow at the edges of their fins. Edit: Lights have any UV or close.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my little guy. A whopping 1 3/4” lol.

079AA77A-827A-42A2-894B-3107BFEF4EB1.jpeg

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never thought of yellow scorpions as being able to fit long term. Would be a good alternative to a red rooster Pygmy wasp (which is never available).

In mine, I’ve got a royal gramma, clownfish, and aurora goby. Will also likely get a firefish.
Other good options are neon gobies, clown gobies, Pygmy wrasses, and coral crouchers, just to name a few.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back