Fish for Nuvo 10

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by Saumann7, Sep 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Saumann7

Saumann7 Well-Known Member

i have a Nuvo 10 gallon tank, I currently have a yellow clown goby, he’s very small and doesn’t do much. What fish would be a interesting addition to the tank? I already have a clown in another tank so if there’s another option other than one of those id love to hear it!

Tags:

2. Bluecbs

Bluecbs Well-Known Member

If you have microalgae, you can check out the smallish blennies like two spot and tailspot. Check out this vid

Saumann7 likes this.
  3. TonapahNorth

TonapahNorth Reefed In R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

My experience with clown fish in small nanos like that is that they will form a close knit relationship with a return nozzle or a powerhead or something inconvenient. They just camp out on the return nozzle or something where you’ll never see it. They sleep on it and never leave it. So they aren’t very fun to watch in a small water column like that. I’d get a couple chromis or something that will swim and be social. People like different things. Gobies and shrimp are fun.

As to clowns, I prefer mine to be visible and engaging. And I have never tried an anemone in a tank that small (most would gasp at the thought I think). So I won’t ever put a clown in a small nano like that again.

Saumann7 likes this.
  4. Kyl

Kyl Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Tailspot blenny for sure.

5. eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast Fish Nerd Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Expert Contributor Partner Member Partner Member 2018

A few options include: firefish, stigmatura blenny, seaweed blenny, yashe haze goby, possum wrasse or pink streak wrasse, or small group of barnacle blennies.

Saumann7 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted