Fish for Nuvo 10

Saumann7

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2017
Messages
115
Reaction score
40
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a Nuvo 10 gallon tank, I currently have a yellow clown goby, he’s very small and doesn’t do much. What fish would be a interesting addition to the tank? I already have a clown in another tank so if there’s another option other than one of those id love to hear it!
 
If you have microalgae, you can check out the smallish blennies like two spot and tailspot. Check out this vid

 
My experience with clown fish in small nanos like that is that they will form a close knit relationship with a return nozzle or a powerhead or something inconvenient. They just camp out on the return nozzle or something where you’ll never see it. They sleep on it and never leave it. So they aren’t very fun to watch in a small water column like that. I’d get a couple chromis or something that will swim and be social. People like different things. Gobies and shrimp are fun.

As to clowns, I prefer mine to be visible and engaging. And I have never tried an anemone in a tank that small (most would gasp at the thought I think). So I won’t ever put a clown in a small nano like that again.
 
A few options include: firefish, stigmatura blenny, seaweed blenny, yashe haze goby, possum wrasse or pink streak wrasse, or small group of barnacle blennies.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new