Fish for planaria

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW... possum wrasse is and awsome peaceful fish.

i don't know if it will eat flatworms though, as i haven't had to deal with them in this tank (yet)

now... not sure if that is because the wrasse took care of them, or if i managed to keep them out :D

first tank with a wrasse, first tank that hasn't seem flatworms. coincidence?

J.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it sucks because the springeri is getting along with YWG and clown but has been chasing my swissguard basslet. Kind of tired of dealing with it all lol. Probably going to have to rehome it and go for a coris wrasse instead. From what I’ve heard it’s peaceful but that is NOT how it’s acting now :/
How is the predator approach going with your flatworms? Very interested to hear how things have gone 4 months later!

I just discovered some in my tank probably a result of the last coral purchase...

Thinking about getting some fish to help take care of them while they are low in numbers

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the predator approach going with your flatworms? Very interested to hear how things have gone 4 months later!

I just discovered some in my tank probably a result of the last coral purchase...

Thinking about getting some fish to help take care of them while they are low in numbers
Honestly I gave up trying to fight them because nothing seemed to work. They seem to have died down on their own and don’t bother anything, tank is flourishing!

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I gave up trying to fight them because nothing seemed to work. They seem to have died down on their own and don’t bother anything, tank is flourishing!
Lol well that's one way to go! I'm thinking of picking up a yellow coris wrasse at the LFS to try and handle them. Mostly on the glass but I've seen some small groups in the rocks also.

Glad they cleared up for you!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had them in my tank and either my spotted mandarin or melanarus wrasse (or possibly both) keeps them out of the display. I do still have a ton of them in my fuge but I just leave them. I can't say for a fact which fish is eating them because I added the two fish at around the same time, and they're both constantly pecking at the rocks and glass.

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol well that's one way to go! I'm thinking of picking up a yellow coris wrasse at the LFS to try and handle them. Mostly on the glass but I've seen some small groups in the rocks also.

Glad they cleared up for you!
I think feeding less really helped keep the population down. Helped with the algae too haha.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think feeding less really helped keep the population down. Helped with the algae too haha.
Yea I hear ya haha. I don't feed much (1 cube and some pellets twice a day for as long as I can remember) and have no algae issues atm. Their population has come up just a few weeks after some new corals were added so I think that's the cause of the population boom.

They may die back on their own, but any excuse to add a new colorful and working fish is always accepted lol I have a super light bioload on the tank so why not

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back