OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume if the truck fell off a mountain road, maybe.
If the fish came out of the bag like that, then it’s seems fair that the seller would cover that and chargeback the transport for damages.

Now if the fish actually was in your system, only for a few minutes, possible damage done by others.

Most good retailers will provide a “arrive alive” guarantee and while not dead on delivery, certainly has trauma.
lol ! You’re right though .

Fish came in like this and went straight to a quarantine tank by itself.

Seller refuse to credit shipping

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol ! You’re right though .

Fish came in like this and went straight to a quarantine tank by itself.

Seller refuse to credit shipping
Looks like a fish that was in a fight!
Whats the “arrival policy”?
So if I buy an item on line and it comes smashed, I have to pay for that negligence?
I assume they are off your list now.
Not smart.
Our retailers always back the customer.

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I buy an item on line and it comes smashed, I have to pay for that negligence?
Not smart.
It’s very confusing :

Read Carefully For Online Sale via Shipping: If any fish came Dead On Arrival (DOA), then we will give you store credit after we have checked and verified the video you sent(Send a one minute Video to us: Fish should be out of water and on a dry white paper. Video of fish inside the water is not acceptable). You must send us a clear video, and poor quality video will not be accepted as we won't be able to determine whether the fish is still alive or dead. What ever the shipping charges we spent on shipping (Not the shipping charges you paid) will be deducted from the Credit amount First and remaining amount will remain as the store credit that can be used on your next purchase. We issue store credit only for original purchases, if DOA happens on store credit usage, then we don't issue credit for that credit amount. In other words we don't issue credit for credit, but we issue credit for purchase amount only

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be best to just use someone more reputable. Drreefsquarantinedfish.com gets good reviews on here.

gustavviklund

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you order from and what shipping company? I live in Sweden but I think other people should be aware if they ship injured fish.

Also, rest in peace little fish :( <3

OP
OP
J

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you order from and what shipping company? I live in Sweden but I think other people should be aware if they ship injured fish.

Also, rest in peace little fish :( <3
It’s in America , but the fish isn’t a very expensive fish. Don’t want to blast the family owned business.

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't think it was possible to use the word credit 7 times in a sentence no matter how poorly it runs on. This guys sketch. I'd be name dropping by now.

gustavviklund

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the “cheaper guy” smh lol
I understand. It's not my intention to be rude or anything, but I think we can all learn from situations like this to always be careful where our animals come from. Because we obviously want to give them the best life possible.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Generally shipping injuries will result from netting and netting damage
It is nearly impossible to make a decision based on a picture of a dead fish. Agree with @vetteguy53081 though. The issue is if you reported some injuries immediately upon receipt - it should go without saying that there should be a refund - whether it was damaged in shipping or not. Because the logic would be - the shipper did not adequately pack it. The fish could not have developed a disease over that time period - assuming it was damaged, etc - on arrival

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not smart.
Actually - if damaged by the net - its possible that a bacterial infection could have started during shipping - causing the damage - however, either way - its all guesswork - in reality if the fish was reported in this condition - I agree with people saying the OP deserves a refund

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back