Fish is sick. Help!

Khead11

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
6
Location
Anchorage
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed this lesion or parasite on my Midas blenny. Any recommendation for treatment or what this is? Having a hard time pulling him out. Right behind his gill on the right.

IMG_9512.jpeg IMG_9511.jpeg IMG_9510.jpeg
 
Just noticed this lesion or parasite on my Midas blenny. Any recommendation for treatment or what this is? Having a hard time pulling him out. Right behind his gill on the right.

IMG_9512.jpeg IMG_9511.jpeg IMG_9510.jpeg

Welcome to Reef2Reef

Did this show up overnight, or did it grow in size over time?
Any other symptoms?
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to Reef2Reef

Did this show up overnight, or did it grow in size over time?
Any other symptoms?
No other symptoms that I noticed. Seems like it showed up overnight. I’m constantly watching my tank. Never noticed it.
 
Upvote 0
No other symptoms that I noticed. Seems like it showed up overnight. I’m constantly watching my tank. Never noticed it.

In that case, I’d say this is an injury. No parasites lol like this. As long as the lesion doesn’t grow larger (infected) it won’t need treatment.
 
Upvote 0
Appreciate the quick reply

It does look like a wound, do you have any urchins or tangs in the tank?

It looks kind of deep - if it punctures the gut, the fish may develop peritonitis….surgery just isn’t an option though.
 
Upvote 0
It does look like a wound, do you have any urchins or tangs in the tank?

It looks kind of deep - if it punctures the gut, the fish may develop peritonitis….surgery just isn’t an option though.
It does look like a wound, do you have any urchins or tangs in the tank?

It looks kind of deep - if it punctures the gut, the fish may develop peritonitis….surgery just isn’t an option though.
I have a pincushion urchin I suppose that could be it? No tangs.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new