Fish jumped out

edbl

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
10
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pink-streaked wrasse decided to jump out of my tank while i was wiping the glass. I couldn't find it for about 5 minutes, until I found it in the back of the cabinet. I have it isolated in a cup at the moment. It makes little jerks to swim from time to time, but is mostly still. Still breathing. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.
 
They live to hide as well. If you can put it in an intank breeder box with a piece of pvc or something to hide in and let him feel safe if would help alot. Mine did this last month but I found him immediately luckily.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yeah that's my nightmare with my firefish. They're so skiddish and I feel paranoid every time I remove the cap to clean the glass or feed.
 
Upvote 0
Yeah that's my nightmare with my firefish. They're so skiddish and I feel paranoid every time I remove the cap to clean the glass or feed.
Ikr its crazy how quick they disappear
 
Upvote 0
My pink-streaked wrasse decided to jump out of my tank while i was wiping the glass. I couldn't find it for about 5 minutes, until I found it in the back of the cabinet. I have it isolated in a cup at the moment. It makes little jerks to swim from time to time, but is mostly still. Still breathing. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.
So glad it pulled through! Wrasses are notorious jumpers. If you don't already have one, a mesh lid is a lifesaver I learned that the hard way with a tilefish.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new