Fish list.

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So everytime I set up a new tank I struggle on the fish stocking of things.

My new tank is here and I am ready to start putting together the stocking list as I hate doing things without properly thhinking it through.

This is a 30x30x16 rimless tank and will be a sps dominant tank.

Things I know I want is a pistol shrimp yasha gobbi and a mystery wrasse, and thats about where I get stuck.

What I dont want is 10 different fish swimming around this tank, I would much rather prefer 2 or 3 differant schooling fish but so far most of what I have read that will fit in this tank would be chromies.

Any other ideas here?

fragmatic

retired reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason I really like my tail spot blenny. He has adopted an empty fan worm tube. He will back into almost any hole in the LR, but his favored spot is the tube. How he can swim in head first and turn around and come back to set with his head out the end is a mystery. He is small but nothing gets away with bullying him. He will stand his ground, and can outrun and out turn or wiggle any other thing in the tank. He bothers no one. This tank has a pair of yellow tailed damsels, a pair of blue fin damsels, a lavender tang, a pair of clowns, and a three bar damsel,.... so when I say he can stand his ground I'm not kidding. I can not imagine a reef tank combo a tail spot blenny would not be at home in. ..get yourself one!

OP
OP
R

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i like blennies but they dont school. I just may end up going with about 20 chromies.

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With no threat they won't school as much. Schooling is more of a survival technique for chromis then a hey buddy lets hang out today kinda thing ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back