Fish Noises? [emoji38]

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hehe, i knew that fish make noises since i was a kid. ;)

mr. limpet.gif

Sailfinguy21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That’s so cool! I guess fish making noises isn’t so strange after all lol

Whales arent fish they are mammals fyi.

As for fish noises ive heard damsels make clicking noises when they fight. In fresh watwe i had a raphael catfish that would cry when you took it out of water

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish have been recorded singing songs much like birds do.

Sounds travels faster and farther in water so it makes sense I guess.

This is a neat video:

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of fish can make noises. Many of them can rub their swim bladder which makes a staccato sound, a grunting sound, or even a whirring sound. I've heard angels, puffers, damsels, triggers, grunts (hey!) and other fishes make sounds underwater and above. There could be many reasons for the fish to make noise, but often in the aquarium it's a "warning." I get this a lot from my blueface angel when I stare into the tank at night. I can't see him but I can hear him. Triggers will make noise as they bite you and chase you out of their territory... which is cone shaped and extends upward, FYI. Had a friend learn this the hard way. :0)

Tjakes680

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puffers especially porcupine puffers have so much personality I always run 2 tanks 1 reef and always a large FOWLR tank i have kept many puffers Stars and Stripes and Porcupine have the best personality he should get used to you cleaning and may even get comfortable enough to pet they deff know when feeding time is especially if u feed same time every day I have had some spit water at me as I walk by the tank so I will feed them and I have some very vocal ones who would grunt and make a womp womp type noise lol when i was feeding or cleaning the tank im sure yours is fine and just was a bit scared of your hand in tank but he will get used to it enjoy your puffer they are definitely the coolest pet fish IMHO

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rather than starting a new thread thought I'd revive this one. I fed my fish a few days ago and had missed my morning feeding so my copperband was very anxious and it popped the surface of the water like it does to get my attention and I heard a high pitched squeak about the same time this happened. Wondering if this was coincidence and something else or if anyone else has heard anything like this before? I wasn't actually looking and only saw it out of the corner of my eye pop the surface so can't be sure it came from the CBB.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
With that long snout like a saxophone and air- I could see the possibility

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back