Fish resting in candy cane

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think over time my candy cane would get used to this ? He used to be green inside and it’s just gone away. I don’t see any skeleton showing so I’m not sure what to think of it

0B8B0C3A-4A1D-4F31-A700-B636505F8C6F.jpeg

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Canes are pretty hardy and should get used to it if the goby is stubborn and stays there.

This is interesting. I would have thought the cane would sting the goby away...

If the situation doesn't improve then maybe you will need to move that frag to mix up the gobies territory a bit

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s really a non issue on a healthy coral colony, but on a single frag head it can be bad if the fish is aggressive.

How long have you had the coral? Has the first just started hosting it? How did it look before? What are your test results? Alk, ca, mg, no3, po4, ph. Is the light too intense and it’s closing up? Too much flow?

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s really a non issue on a healthy coral colony, but on a single frag head it can be bad if the fish is aggressive.

How long have you had the coral? Has the first just started hosting it? How did it look before? What are your test results? Alk, ca, mg, no3, po4, ph. Is the light too intense and it’s closing up? Too much flow?
Everything has been fine with it and currently still is its loss the green color due to the fish laying in it would be my only guess. Or if it’s from another candy head growing cause I do see a third alk an ca where a little lower then where I needed to be but wasn’t life threatening and I’ve already treated for that with some Red Sea

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

3195AD80-8C50-4C23-B92F-65FF8949C058.png

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That center looks green to me. They are deflated now and look a little beat up, those little white sharp points look like skeleton, but it’s not too bad an should make a good recovery as long as everything is ok lighting/parameter wise. they should get used to a fish laying in them too eventually, they are hard to resist for some fish like a giant fluffy pillow.

OP
OP
TxReefer21

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That center looks green to me. They are deflated now and look a little beat up, those little white sharp points look like skeleton, but it’s not too bad an should make a good recovery as long as everything is ok lighting/parameter wise. they should get used to a fish laying in them too eventually, they are hard to resist for some fish like a giant fluffy pillow.
That’s them before the fish chilled on it definitely lost its coloration. In the middle. It did have two mouths on the bigger head so maybe it’s getting ready to split and in the mix of it all another head is growing off the plug and I noticed a hole now where I think it may be trying to split but I’m not sure. I’ve never owned candy canes Guess I’ll just watch it over. Not a expensive piece but I don’t wanna lose it..

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.3%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.3%
Back