Fish Shortage?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is going to get worse.

I was checking DD/LA today. DD items seem pretty good still but the regular LA/Quality Marine stock is almost non existent for most fish categories. Every reef safe wrasse except the flame is out of stock. Black nose tang on DD was $1,700 .... and it apparently sold. Glad I didn’t sell mine. Plus most of my UPS deliveries are consistently being delayed by 2-3 days. Patience is indeed wise.

Last edited:

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was checking DD/LA today. DD items seem pretty good still but the regular LA/Quality Marine stock is almost non existent for most fish categories. Every reef safe wrasse except the flame is out of stock. Black nose tang on DD was $1,700 .... and it apparently sold. Glad I didn’t sell mine. Plus most of my UPS deliveries are consistently being delayed by 2-3 days. Patience is indeed wise.
I looked at LA yesterday and it is very slim. Hopefully the Tang makes it safely, it is such a gamble these days getting your order, and probably why the increase in price. I will be happy when I hear the word Corona, and someone is asking for a beer! A friend ordered scarlet crabs from KP and normal is two days max. They came in five days later, surprisingly only two didn't make it.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having all of these delayed shipments could be very risky. Loss of money and livestock. I’d be worried about ammonia levels building up in the shipping bags. It’s such a dilemma. However, I might be inclined to be on the safe side and hold off any online shipments (or if I cannot get the fish I want from the LFS) and just wait it out.

Kent67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to this thread, I have a quarantined purple tang inbound from TSM, coast to coast. Tracking looks like it will make it just fine so far...

van7271

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of two LFSs I go to one has very limited inventory and the other is doing fine. Probably depends on distributor.

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I have been told it could also depend on what your LFS is willing to pay for stock. Being that outgoing flights are limited as well as space being limited on outgoing flights whoelsaler's prices have gone up. Basic supply and demand applies. LFS here locally have pretty much made the decision to not transfer those increases to their customers at this time. I did see a post by NYAquatic the other day mention that his acquisition costs have gone up dramatically. I just hope that when this returns to some normalcy I hope that pricing stabilizes as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%

Back