Fish stocking tips (70 gallons)

Kiwi369

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
Soon my 70-gallon tank will arrive, and be up and running. Obviously, this is gonna take time before more fish can be introduced. But I would like to start ahead and plan on which fish I want to add because there is gonna be quite some more space

The tank will be 100/110cm in length, 65cm high (waterlevel of 55) and will have a debt of 45cm
The sump will be about 8 gallons. So the total will be approximately 70 gallons.

I currently have a 50 gallons tank up and running with the following fish:
- 2x clownfish (regular clown)
- 1 dwarf anger (coral beauty)
- 1 damsel (azure)
- 1 Blenny (bicolour)

I was planning on adding two Royal Grammas and most likely a long nose hawkfish.

But I was wondering if more fish could fit, so I'm looking for some suggestions that are comparable with my current fish and will be happy with the gallons and dimensions I have.
The tank will be LPS dominated with some soft and maybe a couple of SPS. So a mixed reef. I'm okay with fish that aren't 100% reef safe as long as they don't 'kill' my corals.
I have a preference for easy to keep fish, not to dominate. I can feed about 3x times a day. But I miss out sometimes when I'm busy with school, so I'm not sure if Anthias fish are an option.

I'm looking forward to seeing your suggestions.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
Soon my 70-gallon tank will arrive, and be up and running. Obviously, this is gonna take time before more fish can be introduced. But I would like to start ahead and plan on which fish I want to add because there is gonna be quite some more space

The tank will be 100/110cm in length, 65cm high (waterlevel of 55) and will have a debt of 45cm
The sump will be about 8 gallons. So the total will be approximately 70 gallons.

I currently have a 50 gallons tank up and running with the following fish:
- 2x clownfish (regular clown)
- 1 dwarf anger (coral beauty)
- 1 damsel (azure)
- 1 Blenny (bicolour)

I was planning on adding two Royal Grammas and most likely a long nose hawkfish.

But I was wondering if more fish could fit, so I'm looking for some suggestions that are comparable with my current fish and will be happy with the gallons and dimensions I have.
The tank will be LPS dominated with some soft and maybe a couple of SPS. So a mixed reef. I'm okay with fish that aren't 100% reef safe as long as they don't 'kill' my corals.
I have a preference for easy to keep fish, not to dominate. I can feed about 3x times a day. But I miss out sometimes when I'm busy with school, so I'm not sure if Anthias fish are an option.

I'm looking forward to seeing your suggestions.

vote neon blue gobie... they are like puppies - they like to look at people and greet us... while smallest of my fish, its also the one that interacts most with our family. Your planned hawkfish will do similar :)

Because of its tiny size, its one of the reasons I got into habit of feeding 2x daily

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back