Fish suggestions!

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! It's been a while since I posted, I recently upgraded from rsr 170 to a rsr 250 and want to add a few more colorful and peaceful fish. I have a percula clown, firefish, yellow coris wrasse and a red striped wrasse. I would love to get a melanarus but not sure it would work? Although both my wrasses are cool together. Thoughts? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt mix a melanarus and a coris as they are in the same genus which sometimes causes problems (not 100% certain on these two not getting along but I dont think they). Have you thought about a blenny? They have great personalities! Another fun fish would be an engineer goby. Dragon face pipefish are peaceful and easy as long as you have a lot of copepods.

OP
OP
slipknotgrrl83

slipknotgrrl83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt mix a melanarus and a coris as they are in the same genus which sometimes causes problems (not 100% certain on these two not getting along but I dont think they). Have you thought about a blenny? They have great personalities! Another fun fish would be an engineer goby. Dragon face pipefish are peaceful and easy as long as you have a lot of copepods.
Ty , I had an engineer goby that got HUGE and was constantly digging holes but will look into the others

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a few Dispar or Ignatus Anthias if you want color and activity. I agree that a Melanurus wouldn't be a good choice given that you already have a Halichoeres in there and they can be aggressive towards other wrasses in general (mine doesn't care much for my Blue Star Leopard Wrasse, but they tolerate each other for the most part).

Bbfishb81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a dwarf angelfish like a coral beauty or flame angelfish. Or a few banggai or pajama cardinals. Chromis are nice too.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back