OP
fishface NJ

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have no updates to report on the Radiant Wrasse. Have not seen it since he dove into the sand on delivery day Oct 24. I had ordered a Kasa camera but I couldn't get it to connect. I'll be getting a Wyze camera from amazon this week. Like to keep an eye on the tank while I am at work.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I have no updates to report on the Radiant Wrasse. Have not seen it since he dove into the sand on delivery day Oct 24. I had ordered a Kasa camera but I couldn't get it to connect. I'll be getting a Wyze camera from amazon this week. Like to keep an eye on the tank while I am at work.
Hi. Sry to read. Interested in a tank camera option as well.

OP
OP
fishface NJ

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Wyze cameras and love them. great picture and piece of mind when I'm travelling.
We have Wyze cameras outside our home here in NJ and in FL. I had gotten the Kasa camera because I have other Kasa products that I use for the tank and figured I'd keep it all uniformed. I was surprised that I couldn't get the Kasa camera to connect to the app. Wi-Fi connecting was not a problem.

OP
OP
fishface NJ

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed an order with Premium Aquatics for (2) 30 LB bags of Tropic Eden Reeflakes sand and (1) 30 LB of Mesoflakes sand. I'll use these for the new build. That would be 2" sand depth. Wish I could order a new ATI T5 for the new build but that will wait until I decide which tank to get

OP
OP
fishface NJ

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Hope everyone has a peaceful and happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Well 6 days ago I took my skimmer out of my sump to clean it. Used my dedicated garbage can with 5 gallons of water with 2 1/2 pounds of citric acid. Plugged in the skimmer and has been running since. Took the skimmer out of the citric acid water bath today. There is a unremovable plate inside the skimmer that creates bubbles. There were bristleworms, and sponges, growing in that area. After the citric acid bath, I placed it in my tub on a stool to raise it out of the water as I flushed the skimmer for three hours with running water. The sponge remained and some of the film underneath the bubble ring. Hopefully I got all of the citric acid out of the skimmer.

36149B80-5901-4F08-8A0C-705618B98A6A.jpeg 9167A2B8-EF69-4102-A5C3-0D0D9A4F967F.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
fishface NJ

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OP
OP
fishface NJ

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I officially have money set aside for a new tank + delivery for NJ to replace this 40B. Once I setup this tank, I'll start to set aside money for the FL tank. The FL tank will be setup as a fowlr with live rock from KP Aquatics. Then as time goes on acros will be added. The NJ home has 100% family members at home for hands on if needed. At this time the home in FL may have a week or two with no one home. Both locations have home cameras to watch over

So I am torn between two tanks....@Joe Glass Cages and @Innovative Marine

Glass cage
  • (con) I would have to build my own stand. I did build the 40B stand
  • (pro) I have a NIB Trigger 34" sump
  • (pro) I can fit a 8 gallon ATO under stand (8" wide)

@Innovative Marine
  • (con) It comes with a sump that doesn't leave enough room for a 5" wide ATO container. The sump is centered inside the stand
  • (pro) I don't need to build a stand

Size would be approx 48x24x20h...ext bean animal overflow

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I officially have money set aside for a new tank + delivery for NJ to replace this 40B. Once I setup this tank, I'll start to set aside money for the FL tank. The FL tank will be setup as a fowlr with live rock from KP Aquatics. Then as time goes on acros will be added. The NJ home has 100% family members at home for hands on if needed. At this time the home in FL may have a week or two with no one home. Both locations have home cameras to watch over

Glass cage

@Innovative Marine
  • (con) It comes with a sump that doesn't leave enough room for a 5" wide ATO container. The sump is centered inside the stand

Sounds like a good problem to have

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Glass cage

@Innovative Marine

Happy Easter D!!!

ShoreReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
perhaps if you call IM you may be able to get just the tank and stand. I just ordered the 200 EXT with the sump but there was an option to buy without the sump which I debated back and forth because the sump can’t hold a roller mat but ultimately decided that the price was right and I will use the socks again.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back