Fishgeek88's Marineland 45 Cube Build

Fishgeek88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2017
Messages
343
Reaction score
204
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
New here but not new to fish tanks. I run my own aquarium maintenance company but thought I would document my new personal build. Because this is being built when I have free time it may not go all to quick but here it goes. Tank will be mainly be LPS with a few SPS here and there (mainly Montiporas)

TANK:
45 Gallon Marineland Cube 24x24x20
Glassholes Super Nano Overflow Kit

STAND:
Stand is going to be a white powder coated steel. My guy is building a few stands for me right now for customers so it may be a week or two before it is done.

FILTER:
Going with a BASHSEA 20"x20" Signature Series Black and White filter. They are crazy busy over there so no actual pics. Should be done in a few weeks.
1446431293.jpg
1446431304.jpg


I chose a trimmed tank with no overflow because I was sick of setting up rimless tanks. Great for customers but wanted something a little different. Same reason I went shorter instead of a 60, just a little different. I went with the glass holes overflow because I wanted to maximize floor space and like their sleek design.

IMG_2528.JPG


Glassholes Overflow Box and Return Locline

IMG_2530.JPG


Drilled the holes and started painting the back. I use standard exterior/interior latex paint.

IMG_2531.JPG


That is it for now I will post more pics in a few days. Thanks for looking!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new