Fishgeek88's Marineland 45 Cube Build

Fishgeek88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
New here but not new to fish tanks. I run my own aquarium maintenance company but thought I would document my new personal build. Because this is being built when I have free time it may not go all to quick but here it goes. Tank will be mainly be LPS with a few SPS here and there (mainly Montiporas)

TANK:
45 Gallon Marineland Cube 24x24x20
Glassholes Super Nano Overflow Kit

STAND:
Stand is going to be a white powder coated steel. My guy is building a few stands for me right now for customers so it may be a week or two before it is done.

FILTER:
Going with a BASHSEA 20"x20" Signature Series Black and White filter. They are crazy busy over there so no actual pics. Should be done in a few weeks.
1446431293.jpg
1446431304.jpg

I chose a trimmed tank with no overflow because I was sick of setting up rimless tanks. Great for customers but wanted something a little different. Same reason I went shorter instead of a 60, just a little different. I went with the glass holes overflow because I wanted to maximize floor space and like their sleek design.

IMG_2528.JPG

Glassholes Overflow Box and Return Locline

IMG_2530.JPG

Drilled the holes and started painting the back. I use standard exterior/interior latex paint.

IMG_2531.JPG

That is it for now I will post more pics in a few days. Thanks for looking!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back