• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Fishy Business Aquatics - Negative Review

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

CrayHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buyer beware when dealing with Fishy Business Aquatics. Lost $240 worth of fish one day after shipment and they refused to compensate me for anything.

Even LiveAquaria and Saltwaterfish.com has better DOA and guarantee policies.

Very disappointed.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. A few comments were removed. We do not allow outside comments in negative feedback threads. The only exception is that you can post a link to your own feedback with the same vendor. We encourage members to leave thread own feedback.

AquaLocker

AquaLocker.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@CrayHawk - You order 6 leopard wrasses (3 different species), which are all considered expert-care and only come with a DOA guarantee. You even sent us an email stating that everything arrived alive and gave no indication that anything looked bad.

Later that day you sent us an email stating that one of the leopard wrasses died within a couple of hours after acclimation.

FIVE days later, you sent us another email stating that ALL of the leopard wrasses had died and asked if that was normal.

We replied that that was absolutely NOT normal and began a dialog asking questions like whether or not you had a deep sand bed, etc. During this discussion, you stated, "I wish you guys would’ve suggested alternatives."

It is unreasonable for you to expect us to know your experience level or compensate you for not knowing how to care for the fish you purchased. We would never suggest alternatives to a customer unless they told us they didn't have much experience or had specific questions.

Additionally, we offered a 10% off coupon on your next order to help lessen the sting of your losses. We're sorry you are unhappy, but we sent you healthy fish that arrived alive and without any issues.

OP
OP
CrayHawk

CrayHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the clarification. I will make a note for future online purchases that it is reasonable to lose $240 worth of fish from a company that has more negative reviews than positive.

There is a reason kschweer had to remove posts from this thread.

You also forgot to acknowledge the lost McCoskers.

AquaLocker

AquaLocker.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the clarification. I will make a note for future online purchases that it is reasonable to lose $240 worth of fish from a company that has more negative reviews than positive.

There is a reason kschweer had to remove posts from this thread.

You also forgot to acknowledge the lost McCoskers.

We didn't acknowledge the McCosker's because it was still alive as of our last correspondence on March 10, 2019.

@kschweer had to remove posts because the standard R2R policy is that people cannot chime in on a negative feedback post. That individual was able to post a link to their own thread, which was not removed.

Any company that does a lot of business is going to have customers that are unhappy with how things work out. We always do our best to work with our customers and come to a positive resolution. Unfortunately, we cannot make everyone happy nor can we refund/give credit when a customer 7 healthy fish (all arrived alive and you reported no health concerns), but then 6 of the 7 die within 5 days and apparently the 7th died too. Especially when we are sending the same species of fish to other customers and they are not all dying in their tanks.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back